We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train to vienna

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Train to vienna

Hi Guys,

My Qs has been replied before. However, I need some clarification.

I intend to travel from prague to vienna on 22-March, 642 AM train.

When I try to book for 2 persons, the option disappears. I am trying to book 11 days in advance and can't believe that train is full. Buying the ticket same day and spending EUR 38 seems a bit silly. I also wonder the ticket office is open so early.

I really want to reach vienna as early as possible. The 442 AM train is an option which I don't intend to use. Should I call them and book on phone? Would bus journe be a comfortable solution? How long will it take and any suggestions on bus company to use?

Regards

EE

Edited: 11 March 2012, 14:53
Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
35,224 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train to vienna

There must be a thread how to buy tix from Brno to Vienna and a separate ticket for the same train from Prague to Brno?

Buy 2 tickets from Brno to Prague.....train leaves Brno at 9.22. arrives Vienna at 11.22.

At the same time buy a two sporo tickets from Prague to Brno for 22nd march.

Get on the 6,42 train from Prague and show the conductor your tickets from Prague to brno. Stay on the same train, and show the conductor tickets from Brno to Vienna after Brno.

This will be the cheapest.

similar thread

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g274707-i96-k484…

Edited: 11 March 2012, 15:19
London, United...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train to vienna

Many thnx Tilly. I shall buy the tickets at the station one day in advance.

Regards

EE

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
28,356 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train to vienna

The bus is also a good alternative - very comfortable with free wi-fi, refreshments, etc http://jizdenky.studentagency.cz/ (English option at the top - the EU flag, naturally :) )

The train won't be full, it just means that the discounted tickets on that route have sold out - I think there are about 12 available per train. However there are the same amount of tickets available on the Brno-Vienna section and they hardly ever sell out, so if you want to get the train do it as described above.

As an erudite explorer, it would be a shame to miss out on Brno guardian.co.uk/travel/2010/jun/19/low-cost-f…

brno.cz/fileadmin/…Brno_1en.wmv

:)

4. Re: Train to vienna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 01:42