We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,354 posts
Save Topic
Just booked another Trip to Prague

yeah I know I am just back but I have booked again .will be travelling Monday 15th-Friday 19th October.

Just booked the flights and will get accommodation later.

I will be travelling with some folk from my walking group(just 1 so far but more may join us).Will be doing a few walks around the city (historical bits and Parks and gardens) and maybe a day trip to Karstiejn and a walk over to Bouron.

Any suggections for decent priced hotel with single rooms would be appreciated, looking around £150(4500Kc) for 4 nights with breakfast,location is not that imprtant but near a metro or good tram line is a must.

Llandudno, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Llandudno
Level Contributor
11,952 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just booked another Trip to Prague

Gus I wouldnt book anywhere untill about August ,there maybe some good offers on then ,you do know October is still classed as high season ?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,354 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Just booked another Trip to Prague

yeah, been having a look and there seems to be plenty within the budget.I personally don't mind paying a bit more.I am still hopeful of getting the Hotel DAP that I satyed in a few weeks ago (great hotel in a great location) but the ptice through the hotel is a bit high.Booking.com does have cheaper prices but only one room available.I will wait a few weeks and keep my eye on things.in the past I have had some great deals for October so at present I am not worried but when you are dealing with other folk they get a bit uptight cause you don't have anything booked.

Burnley, United...
Level Contributor
770 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just booked another Trip to Prague

Gus, we stayed at Residence Mala Strana in May and would highly recommend it (I've done a review if you want to check it out)

I just checked their own website and they have 2 rooms available for your dates (junior suites for sole occupancy) at discounted rate of czk 1,200 per night.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,354 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Just booked another Trip to Prague

Thanks I will have a look

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
136 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just booked another Trip to Prague

Here's how I book hotels in Prague (and actually in any city I visit). This method has worked really well for me so I thought I'd share. Apologies in advance that it's based around booking.com- I've no affiliation with them except as a very happy customer.

Go to booking.com

Choose the city and dates

Sort by "price for double room"

Start at the top of the page and work down. There are usually some "bargains" at the lower end of the price range if you're not fussy.

Eventually I get to a hotel that looks like it's in a reasonable location (of course this is sometimes guesswork in an unknown city) that has a good enough score from their reviews, and which is at the right price.

Book it, print the confirmation, and turn up!

This method has led us to the Pankrac, the INOS, and currently the Aron in Prague, which are all decent enough and cheap. I've booked probably fourty trips this way and am very happy with it.

Hope this helps!

Bristol, UK
Level Contributor
1,380 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just booked another Trip to Prague

unclegus>>>>> Whereabouts is Bouron? Put it into Google maps, and pointed me to France. Nothing registering for the CR.

Haven't been to Karlstejn since 1995, so planning to re-visit in Oct. If Bouron is close and worthwhile, may visit. Sterberk also looking promising.

Edited: 14 June 2012, 13:19
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,354 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Just booked another Trip to Prague

it Beroun, just me doing my usual typos,there is a walk you can do from Karlstejn to St johns under the Rock and then to Beroun, about 12k

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
38,214 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just booked another Trip to Prague

haha guys, you've made me laugh!

Bristol, UK
Level Contributor
1,380 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just booked another Trip to Prague

12K is no laughing matter! :-)

That's a serious walk. Maybe over ambitious for a hol, as we do quite a few miles in Prague.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
38,214 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just booked another Trip to Prague

No, for me it would be any rip off taxi, no matter what colour or what location. I would just pay!