We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking overnight in Olomouc

Which Olomouc hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
pat
arlington MA
Level Contributor
54 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Parking overnight in Olomouc

After careful reading, I find that hotels that say parking is available aren't painting the whole picture. I would like to stay at the Hotel Penzion Na Hrade. One review goes into real detail on how difficult parking is. Also one Euro an hour at municipal garage is pretty stiff for a small town. Don't want any hazzle and will stay on the outskirts (a real shame) if I can't resolve this. Any help would be appreciated. Is the on- street parking free on Sundays? That could make a difference. thanks Pat M

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
35,245 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking overnight in Olomouc

www.penzionnahrade.cz/frame.php…

send them an email and ask! They offer parking in a house next door..so ask that does it mean? is it on the street or guarded and how much? That's the easiest way.

The municipal parking in Kozeluzska (about 300 metres from Na Hrade) with 24 hour security, costs 10 euros per day...not that much.

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
28,379 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking overnight in Olomouc

The very centre of Olomouc is pedestrianised and therefore out of bounds to cars, as is the case with the majority of towns and cities in central Europe, so you will have a similar problem everywhere you go. There is also a strictly enforced restriction on parking on the street in much of the inner city, but generally at weekends it is easier - you would have to figure out the signs to find out whether you can park there or not, and/or whether a ticket is required. Many places are maximum 2 hours parking, but paid parking times are generally Monday - Friday 9 am - 6pm. One euro an hour is about right for a guarded garage in the larger cities, of which Olomouc is one (sixth largest city in the country), but €10 sounds quite reasonable for all day. Good luck finding the one on Koželužská - it is VERY hidden down a small side street, part of which is a pedestrian zone itself, and there are no signs to it from the main road until the one right outside and even then it is not obvious - you can see it for yourself on google streetmaps. I had similar problems once when passing through, but I decided to take my chances on the street ...

Otherwise there is a car park in front of the railway station, and use a tram from there like everyone else does. But if the penzion has its own parking, then definitely use that. Be aware of the road signs and restrictions (none of which are in English, but will generally contain some sort of international sign language) as the police are vigilant and WILL stop and potentially fine you for seemingly petty infringements - this is why to the uninitiated it is always advisable to park outside and use public transport in cities. One thing that always catches visitors out is the need to have your dipped headlights on at all times of the day.

Funny - just looking at the website of the penzion and its parking directions - the music is 'Don't worry - be happy' - be sure to have that motto in your head when searching :)))

Have fun!

Edited: 19 February 2012, 21:00
3. Re: Parking overnight in Olomouc

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2014, 12:15
Get answers to your questions about Olomouc