We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bustrip between Bialystok and Vilnius

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
57 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Bustrip between Bialystok and Vilnius

Hello

Next summer I'am planning to take the bus between Bialystok and Vilnius.

There is a direct line with Polski bus company that leaves at 9am and arrives at 15pm.

Some people told me that the Polski busses are not safe, that the drivers are not driving carefully.

Did somebody recently take that specific bus?

What was your experience?

Thanks a lot for answering.

Charlotte

Mentioned in this post
Bialystok
Bialystok
Podlaskie Province, Poland
Vilnius
Vilnius
Vilnius County, Lithuania
5 replies to this topic
Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bustrip between Bialystok and Vilnius

What exactly was not safe and what the drivers actually did that was not careful? Surely people told you a bit more than some sweeping statements?

Warsaw, Poland
Destination Expert
for Warsaw, Krakow, Gdansk, Zakopane, Wroclaw, Poznan, Southern Poland, Northern Poland, Lesser Poland Province
Level Contributor
2,788 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bustrip between Bialystok and Vilnius

Just remember that our roads are a bit different than the ones in the Western Europe, we're catching up but still there's some work to be done. This means that some rules and behaviours that are normal and safe on our roads may be quite surprising to foreigners.

Mentioned in this post
Europe
Europe
World
Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
57 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bustrip between Bialystok and Vilnius

Hello

Thanks very much for your answers.

For Ozzlem: people tell me that the drivers drive to fast and that sometimes they drink to much alcohol. Not only visitors tell it, also local people.

For Macieii: of course I understand very well that roads and other conditions are completely different from those in Western Europe. For the rest of my travel in Polen I'am going to use the trains. It only between Bialystok & Vilnius that there is no other option than the bus.

Charlotte

Mentioned in this post
Europe
Europe
World
Bialystok
Bialystok
Vilnius
Vilnius
Vilnius County, Lithuania
Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bustrip between Bialystok and Vilnius

I travelled in Polski Bus a few days ago, Warszawa-Białystok-Warszawa and I all went fine. A pleasant trip!!!

Cheap, provided with WC that was super clean, free Wi-Fi, easy to book, no problems with luggage.

Definitely I will choose it again

Duncan, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Bustrip between Bialystok and Vilnius

Charlotte, one can obtain visa at the airport in Minsk, do you know if one can obtain a visa at the border

[Bialystok] i.e. a 2 day visa is only 20 Euro. I ,plan to make the trip in early June, the train has been suspended, so your post claims. Cheers Norm.

Mentioned in this post
Minsk
Minsk
Belarus
Bialystok
Bialystok
Reply to: Bustrip between Bialystok and Vilnius
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bialystok