We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tauron Arena

spain
13 posts
Tauron Arena

Hi ,I am going to the Tauron Arena on Friday, June 2nd to see Aerosmith with my husband, it is our first time in Krakow so we have no idea how best to get there and I find trams etc a little tricky in foreign places lol... it doesn't look far out of the city centre so can we just hail a cab and get there? (can you hail a cab?) and if so, is there any better cab company than others and what about getting back? Any helpful advice would be much appreciated :)

Best Seller
Day Trip to Auschwitz-Birkenau and...
457 Reviews
from US$82.40*
Best Seller
Full-Day Tour to Auschwitz-Birkenau...
192 Reviews
from US$76.60*
Best Seller
Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum and...
419 Reviews
from US$35.30*
10 replies to this topic
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
530 posts
24 reviews
1. Re: Tauron Arena

Right.....

Yes, you can easily get a cab from around the centre, not directly in the centre, but in the streets just off the centre.

Prices might vary, but if you're not too worried about a one-time difference of maybe a few quid each way, it will be be dead easy, it's only 10 minutes or so each way out of rush hour.

spain
13 posts
2. Re: Tauron Arena

Sounds ideal, thank you. Any idea if there will be taxis at the arena after the gig? It seems to have lots of regular events so its possible I imagine... either that or an hours walk back to the main square :/

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
530 posts
24 reviews
3. Re: Tauron Arena

Sorry, no idea personally, hopefully someone who's been there for concerts can advise.

Wallasey, United...
Level Contributor
811 posts
135 reviews
4. Re: Tauron Arena

I haven't been to a concert but have been to the arena for an ice hockey match and yes there was plenty of taxis outside at the end of the night. The arena is relatively easy to reach by tram and takes about 20 minutes from the centre, journey planner is here https://jakdojade.pl/krakow/trasa/

spain
13 posts
5. Re: Tauron Arena

Thank you footster 1964 :)

gulfport, fl
Level Contributor
110 posts
22 reviews
6. Re: Tauron Arena

I'm all for taxis, but not when the tram works so well and is so easy to use.

You want the #1 tram, heading east (away from the setting sun, for an Yevening concert). You can buy a ticket from a machine at the tram stop - or on board the 1st car. You need a 3.80 zloty ticket for each person for this journey. (one way, so 2 people need a total of 4 tickets for a round trip). The ticket machines can be changed to english.

Buy the ticket, and then you must put it in the little yellow validation machine. This time stamps your ticket (which is good for 40 minutes). Look around, you'll see everyone validating their tickets.

The Tauron arena is one of the stops. The tram will have a map, so you can watch your progess and get off at the right stop.

Very easy.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
530 posts
24 reviews
7. Re: Tauron Arena

Great advice Brian, especially as they went 5 days ago ;)

Manhattan, Kansas
Level Contributor
19 posts
9 reviews
8. Re: Tauron Arena

Hey, I'm going in a month and it was very helpful advice for me.

Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
3,368 posts
9 reviews
9. Re: Tauron Arena

Buy the tram tickets from a kiosk, or use an app (e.g. Skycash) and you won't have to panic about finding a machine that works or the right change. Don't forget to validate the paper tickets as soon as you get on a tram/bus by pushing them into one of the little orange machines inside the vehicle.

Krakow, Poland
Level Contributor
2,335 posts
65 reviews
10. Re: Tauron Arena

Don't you need a Polish bank account for Skycash?

Reply to: Tauron Arena
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted