We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfers with "Daytrip" from Budapest to Krakow

Level Contributor
4 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Transfers with "Daytrip" from Budapest to Krakow

I was looking for a good way to get between Budapest and Krakow this fall, and I found a company called "Daytrip" (ondaytrip.com) that seems sort of like a long distance Uber service in Europe. It is UK based, and they connect you with local, English speaking drivers who will take you door to door between cities of your choosing. They also give you a list of suggested stops between destinations that you can add on to your trip. They have excellent reviews on TripAdvisor, but I was just wondering if anyone here has used them successfully?

The trip I want to take between Budapest and Krakow would be more expensive than flying, but for me the chance to enjoy some of the Slovakian countryside with a stopover to visit Orava Castle would be worth it. I much prefer road trips to flying, if the distance is reasonable, and the night train sounds miserable from reviews I've read. It would cost 300 euros for an 8 hour transfer, including a 2 hour stop to see the castle. My only fear about booking something like this without knowing anyone who has used the company successfully is that if plans fell through, it would be difficult to make a last minute backup plan. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Budapest
Budapest
Central Hungary, Hungary
Krakow
Krakow
Lesser Poland Province, Poland
Europe
Europe
World
1 reply
Birmingham,AL
Level Contributor
59 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfers with "Daytrip" from Budapest to Krakow

I was asking the same question and got directed to your post, but there were no answers. Did you finally used them? If so, what is your review.

Thank you

Reply to: Transfers with "Daytrip" from Budapest to Krakow
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted