We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfers with "Daytrip" from Budapest to Krakow

Level Contributor
6 posts
20 reviews
Transfers with "Daytrip" from Budapest to Krakow

I was looking for a good way to get between Budapest and Krakow this fall, and I found a company called "Daytrip" (ondaytrip.com) that seems sort of like a long distance Uber service in Europe. It is UK based, and they connect you with local, English speaking drivers who will take you door to door between cities of your choosing. They also give you a list of suggested stops between destinations that you can add on to your trip. They have excellent reviews on TripAdvisor, but I was just wondering if anyone here has used them successfully?

The trip I want to take between Budapest and Krakow would be more expensive than flying, but for me the chance to enjoy some of the Slovakian countryside with a stopover to visit Orava Castle would be worth it. I much prefer road trips to flying, if the distance is reasonable, and the night train sounds miserable from reviews I've read. It would cost 300 euros for an 8 hour transfer, including a 2 hour stop to see the castle. My only fear about booking something like this without knowing anyone who has used the company successfully is that if plans fell through, it would be difficult to make a last minute backup plan. Thanks!

Best Seller
Day Trip to Auschwitz-Birkenau and...
455 Reviews
from US$82.30*
Best Seller
Full-Day Tour to Auschwitz-Birkenau...
192 Reviews
from US$76.50*
Best Seller
Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum and...
419 Reviews
from US$35.30*
5 replies to this topic
Birmingham,AL
Level Contributor
60 posts
53 reviews
1. Re: Transfers with "Daytrip" from Budapest to Krakow

I was asking the same question and got directed to your post, but there were no answers. Did you finally used them? If so, what is your review.

Thank you

Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: Transfers with "Daytrip" from Budapest to Krakow

I am planning a trip in October and also would like feedback about this service. Joanne

J M
Pearl, Mississippi
10 posts
3. Re: Transfers with "Daytrip" from Budapest to Krakow

My sister and I traveled the Czech Republic and Austria in April. We used DayTrip because we were limited on time and appreciated the flexibility of the service. We also planned some stops with the company to places along the way, and it was nice to be able to arrive and not worry with luggage. We had 3 separate trips and drivers, and all were English speaking and polite. The drivers provided complimentary bottled water and made conversation about the area. All of our drivers were very safe, and the vehicles we rode in were modern and clean. We had nohing but positive encounters with this company.

Pearl, Mississippi
Level Contributor
21 posts
18 reviews
4. Re: Transfers with "Daytrip" from Budapest to Krakow

I traveled with my sister in April. The transfers with Daytrip were more expensive than public transport, but it was nice to book everything online and not have to pay in cash. One driver in particular was very kind. We stopped to tour the Melk Abbey, and he got out of the car with us and helped to buy our tickets to make sure everything went smoothly. We plan to travel with Daytrip again in the future, mostly for the ease of customizing your own departure time and also for the stops to visit places of interest along the way.

Birmingham,AL
Level Contributor
60 posts
53 reviews
5. Re: Transfers with "Daytrip" from Budapest to Krakow

We used DayTrip to go from Verlin to Krakow this past June. We were a little apprehensive because we had not used them before but the reviews were all good so we decided to try it. The plane ticket with transfers was a little less expensive and about the same in time if you factor in the transfer. We were very happy with the service, the sriver spoke perfet english and was happy to engage in conversation and answer all our questions, the car was spotless and comfortable and he was on time ( even early!) to pick us up and he delivered us to our hotel, even parking and taking us directly there since our hotel was on a pedestrian street. On the way we stopped once for some coffee and a lught snack and he had water in the car for us, always asking if the temperature in the car was Comfortable. I would highly recommend them and we would surely use them again.

Reply to: Transfers with "Daytrip" from Budapest to Krakow
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Krakow