We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay

england
Level Contributor
562 posts
70 reviews
where to stay

please can i have some advice .We are in our 60 s i have no problem walking but my husband struggles if to many hills steps and after about a mile.

Please where could we stay we want to see a church, and go on a tour who are good tour operators and sroll around. I would also like the opportunity to go for a walk along a river or similar.

Please can hotels be suggested possibly 4 star .

Also how far is it from airport and is 3 whole days enough time.

Thank you

Sue f

3 replies to this topic
Poland
Level Contributor
2,946 posts
76 reviews
1. Re: where to stay

Krakow is mostly flat and the central area of interest for tourists is quite compact and walkable. You can stay anywhere within the centre around the Rynek (main square) or in neighbouring streets. Plenty of agencies selling tours around.

Use search functions to search information on arriving from the airport - it has been already explained many times.

Gdansk, Poland
Level Contributor
5,215 posts
16 reviews
2. Re: where to stay

?where could we stay we want to see a church? To see the church you need to stay in Rynek Główny area. Two main choices of where to stay, either in the main city centre or the smaller area of Kazimierz, the old Jewish Quarter. Personally for a first timer I would suggest one of the streets just off the main centre, aka Old Town / main Market Square. From there you can branch out and explore. Kazimierz is great for nightlife, the bars around the small square are much easier to find, it's only a 20 min walk or a few stops on the tram or a few minutes in a taxi from the Old Town.

?we go on a tour who are good tour operators? good tour operator is Krakow Tours https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Revie…

?I would also like the opportunity to go for a walk along a river or similar? Good idea - go for it

?how far is it from airport ? 10 kilometres

? is 3 whole days enough time? Enough

?can hotels be suggested possibly 4 star? Try Hotel Jan https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g27…

Krakow, Poland
Level Contributor
2,392 posts
64 reviews
3. Re: where to stay

You'll deserve a medal if you don't see a church.

Reply to: where to stay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted