We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in September / Live Music Bars

Which Krakow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wivenhoe, United...
Level Contributor
150 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in September / Live Music Bars

Hi all, husby and I have just booked for 4 nights in Krakow around my birthday staying in an apartment midway between Kazimierz / Old Town. It's our first time but so many people have recommended Krakow to us we thought we would give it a try as it sounds like our kind of city - lots to see and do, eat and drink!

I have built up a good itinerary (and list of pubs!) based on helpful reviews on TA and various other forums. However, I wonder if someone could tell me what kind of weather to expect around the back end of September (19th-23rd)?

Also, the plan on my birthday is to have all the major sightseeing done beforehand as it's our last night and to just spend a leisurely day on a bit of a crawl and hopefully end up in a live music bar. Can anyone recommend a good one? If not, is there a good pub that plays rock / indie / punk music or has a jukebox and the more on the dark and grungy side the better!!

Any info appreciated, thanks :)

Kitbot

Krakow, Poland
Level Contributor
91 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in September / Live Music Bars

At the end of Semptember is still quite warm in Krakow. September and October are the best months for visitng Krakow beacuse there is not so many tourists as during summer time.

I can recommend yyou to check out those pubs: Awaria on sw. Krzyża Street, Lizard King, Społem Pub and JazzRock. All of them are in the very city center of Krakow.

Wivenhoe, United...
Level Contributor
150 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in September / Live Music Bars

Thanks TomKrak, that's very helpful, I will look up those bars :)

Hampshire
Level Contributor
233 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in September / Live Music Bars

We go in September/early October and have always had great weather - even came back with a bit of a tan last year!!

There is a bar on Jakuba in Kazimierz which plays punk/ska and always seems to have bands playing. Couldn't tell you the name of it though but it is at the Jozefa end almost opposite the Cheder Cafe and is hidden behind a wooden door which is covered with flyers - you'll hear it before you see it and it is definately grungy :0)

Edited: 16 February 2012, 12:12
Krakow, Poland
Level Contributor
234 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in September / Live Music Bars

Hi,

For live music, I can recommend:

- lizard. King - mainly rock. Live music every day except sunday and monday

- showtime - it is more pop music cover. Music every day

- boogie bar - live music more or less every friday and saturday. It can be rock, pop, jazz depending on the day

In addition you can have a look on jazz rock cafe. It is more rock than jazz and quiete alternative place. Think you will like it

J.

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in September / Live Music Bars

I have to confirm: weather in Krakow in september is really nice :)

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
344 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in September / Live Music Bars

Was in Krakow last Sep 24-27. Everyday lovely and sunny with clear blue skies. About 22-23 degrees and a wee bit cold at night but still lovely to walk around.

Wivenhoe, United...
Level Contributor
150 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in September / Live Music Bars

Thanks for all your helpful replies guys - will definitely be checking out some of the recommended bars and if the weather is as good as you say that will be an absolute bonus!

Cheers, Kitbot :)

8. Re: Weather in September / Live Music Bars

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2013, 05:18