We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Siofok

HK
Level Contributor
40 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Siofok

I wish to take ferry from Tihany to Sioflk and then take the onward train from Siofok to Zagreb. Will it be a long distance from the peer to the train station, any mean of transportation? Apreciate for the advice, thanks.

Siofok, Hungary
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Siofok

It isn't a long distance (a 10 minute walk), but there's no ferry from Tihany to Siófok, only to Szántód.

But the train to Zagreb does not stop in Szántód. The nearest stations are Zamárdi (East from Szántód) and Balatonföldvár (West). Zamárdi train station is closer, but still a 45 minute walk from the port of Szántód, so you may consider taking a taxi. If you want to see Siófok as well, you can also take a bus from Szántód, as it is a 20-30 minute ride.

here is the current ferry timetable:

www.balatonihajozas.hu/nw/main.php…

HK
Level Contributor
40 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Siofok

Thank for the kind advice, will there be ferry/boat from Balatonfured to Siofok? I would like to take the Train #204 'Agram' Budapest-Zagreb which has stop on Siofok.

Siofok, Hungary
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Siofok

Oh, yes, there are boats! Since my first reply I've found a timetable for that, too:) So if you're not specifically interested in the ferry option, this is also good:

www.balatonihajozas.hu/nw/main.php…

The second picture shows the timetable for Tihany-Balatonfüred-Siófok.

And it is really only a 10-minute walk from the harbour to the train station, check googlemaps!

Have a nice time in Hungary!:)

HK
Level Contributor
40 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Siofok

it is really a good news to me as I can spend few days in Budapest and then from Budapest take the train to Balatonfured stay 1 night there then on the next day I can take the 11:10 ferry to Siofok then catch the express train to Zagreb. In fact what is the difference from ferry and boat apart from the ticket fees and do I need to book the boat in advance? Thank you for the kind advice from my friend in Hungary - Patricia..........appreciate!!

Siofok, Hungary
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Siofok

The ferry transports vehicles as well, while the boat only takes people and it is slower.

You don't need to book it in advance, however, I don't know for sure how many people usually want to take the boat and if it is possible that some don't get on board, so you should maybe check that at the counters after you arrive in Balatonfüred. But as far as I remember from the last time I traveled with these boats(~15 years ago), we could get tickets about half an hour before the boat's departure.

Edited: 24 June 2013, 12:00
6. Re: Siofok

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2015, 03:15
Get answers to your questions about Siofok