We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus travel, Siofok/Balaton to Pecs?

London, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Bus travel, Siofok/Balaton to Pecs?

Is it possible to get a direct bus from Siofok or other Balaton resorts to Pecs?

I would be travelling in August.

1 reply
Miskolc, Hungary
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus travel, Siofok/Balaton to Pecs?

According to the local bus company's website, there are several departing buses from Siófok to Pécs.

kaposvolan.hu/content/si%C3%B3fok-indul%C3%B3

BTW the website is all in Hungarian. It gives the following results, as listed here:

(via Dombóvár): (7) 6.45**, 9.20**, HU 12.20, + 14.05 (9), IU 14.05 (9), 16.20**, I+ 16.20 (6), + 16.20 (8), UE 16.20 (9)

(via Tamási-Bonyhád): (9) I+ 16.50 (9)

(via Tab-Kaposvár): (7) M 5.35 TN 17.45

(via Kaposvár): (12) 14.00 **

Bus lines have different routes and arrive to Pécs after stopping in other towns. Numbers in a bracket show the exact departure place inside the bus station (numbered signposts). You can see some other abbreviations meaning some timetable restrictions (only on workdays, on national holidays, etc.). I put asterisks * after the regular departures in the timetable with no restrictions.

UE = on the last schoolday of the week; on the day preceding the first schoolday in the week

HU = on the last schoolday of the week and the day before; on the day preceding the first schoolday in the week

IU = on the last schoolday in the week

I+ = on the holiday preceding the first schoolday in the week

M = on workdays

TN = on the holiday preceding the workdays, only during schoolyear

You should be able to find this in the timetable search here:

ujmenetrend.cdata.hu/uj_menetrend/volan/

but currently it appears to be not giving results for this route.

Reply to: Bus travel, Siofok/Balaton to Pecs?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Siofok