We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Uber from Airport?

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
1,216 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Uber from Airport?

Does anyone know or has anyone used an Uber (or similar) taxi app from Tallinn airport to old town?

Uber's fare estimator says you can, but I know at airports the taxi unions get difficult with Uber or other app taxis, so just checking if someone has direct experience.

11 replies to this topic
gxp
Niagara
Level Contributor
2,600 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Uber from Airport?

Regular taxis would only be about 10€ and easiest

Read tallinn-airport.ee/en/…

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
189 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Uber from Airport?

we were in talllinn last weekend

the airport taxis are about 10 euros to the centre. it's only a 10 minute drive. sure uber will be fine too but no need to complicate it in my view- just walk out front and cab rank is right there

cab is on meter too so no rip off isues

Tokyo
Level Contributor
53 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Uber from Airport?

I found taxofon.ee very efficient and useful for booking. You can choose car and rates, they arrive very fast. Airport is really close to town, 10 euros seems a bit excessive.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
180 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Uber from Airport?

@TokyoCat, I'll be in Tallinn 2 weeks arriving from ferry and stay in town for 5 hours before catching the bus to Riga. Since I'll have a 25" luggage, I'd like to take taxi as it's easier with my luggage unless there's a locker in the ferry or bus terminal. I looked for the taxofon app and read quite a bit of recent bad reviews. Did you use it other than from airport to Old Town? Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Riga
Riga
Riga Region, Latvia
Level Contributor
11 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Uber from Airport?

Using Uber is good or just taking a taxi in front.

I would use Uber or Taxify .

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
180 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Uber from Airport?

Thanks, Steven L. I have both apps and will try!

13 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Uber from Airport?

Taxify is a internatsional app, that is is actually made in Estonia. In airport there are mostly no ripp-off taxies, but in old town keep your eyes open. Look on price list before you enter in a taxi.

Mentioned in this post
Estonia
Estonia
Europe
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
107 posts
408 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Uber from Airport?

A regular taxi from the airport will be fine (ours was €10). We used Uber for all other journeys around town without any problems.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
13,031 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Uber from Airport?

Also consider the new tram from the airport to the old town which started on September 1st. Only 2 euros, very cheap, frequent and efficient.

Espoo, Finland
Level Contributor
2 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Uber from Airport?

At least in the ferry terminal with a lot of ferries to Helsinki, Finland, there are rip-off taxis in a sense that they show you a price which is 2-3x the normal rate. It is still abt. the same as in Helsinki, though, so it will not kill you, but better keep eyes open when it comes to even rates of metered taxis.

Mentioned in this post
Helsinki
Helsinki
Uusimaa, Finland
Reply to: Uber from Airport?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted