We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Estonian Song Festival - 2019

Pompton Lakes, NJ
Level Contributor
112 posts
51 reviews
Estonian Song Festival - 2019

Hello,

We would like some advice on visiting the Estonian Song Festival in 2019. With this many contestants and visitors, I presume we need to reserve our lodgings much in advance. Where would you advise to stay? In Tallin or perhaps in the suburbs? Any other tips on trip planning? Any info would be greatly appreciated indeed!

32 replies to this topic
Pompton Lakes, NJ
Level Contributor
112 posts
51 reviews
11. Re: Estonian Song Festival - 2019

Thank you all!

Just wanted to verify... according to the Festival site, the official dates are July 4 - 7, 2019. Is the parade held on the first day of the festival or the 6th of July?

Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
12. Re: Estonian Song Festival - 2019

Yes, I second the opinions of previous commentators. Get the reserved seat tickets for the song festival (did that with my mother, who is maybe not the most comfortable sitting on the ground some 8-10 years ago, very comfortable). And for the dance concerts buy the tickets as well in advance.

Tallinn, Estonia
2 posts
13. Re: Estonian Song Festival - 2019

The parade/procession is on the 6th of July:

The programme of the XXVII Song and XX Dance Celebration “My Fatherland is My Love”:

Relay of the Flame 1.06 (Tartu) – 3.07 (Tallinn). THE JOURNEY PASSES ALL ESTONIAN COUNTIES IN 33 DAYS

Choral concert at St Mary’s Church on Thursday, 20 June IN TARTU

1st performance of the Dance Celebration on Thursday, 4 July at 7 p.m. KALEV CENTRAL STADIUM IN TALLINN

2nd performance of the Dance Celebration on Friday, 5 July at 11.00 a.m. KALEV CENTRAL STADIUM IN TALLINN

3rd performance of the Dance Celebration on Friday, 5 July at 6 p.m. KALEV CENTRAL STADIUM IN TALLINN

Folk music concert on Friday, 5 July at 2 p.m. KALEV CENTRAL STADIUM IN TALLINN

Procession on Saturday, 6 July from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. FROM THE CENTER OF TOWN TO THE SONG FESTIVAL GROUNDS

1st concert of the Song Celebration „To the Teacher“ on Saturday, 6 July at 7 p.m. TALLINN SONG FESTIVAL GROUNDS

2nd concert of the Song Celebration on Sunday, 7 July at 2 p.m. TALLINN SONG FESTIVAL GROUNDS

Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
14. Re: Estonian Song Festival - 2019

Booking lodging in the suburbs is a great idea, as public transport is available everywhere and the prices are cheaper.

Winchester, Virginia
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
15. Re: Estonian Song Festival - 2019

Does anyone know if historic sites/museums/etc. in Tallinn are open regular hours during the song festival?

Helsinki, Finland
Destination Expert
for Tallinn, Finland, Helsinki
Level Contributor
9,387 posts
62 reviews
16. Re: Estonian Song Festival - 2019

Sure they are. Why wouldn't they be?

Houston, Texas
1 post
17. Re: Estonian Song Festival - 2019

Can anyone advise exactly when tickets to both the song and dance performances will be available for online purchase? The web site says “Beginning in 2019”. Do they already have a web site for tickets and if so, what is the URL?

Tallinn, Estonia
Destination Expert
for Tallinn, Estonia
Level Contributor
631 posts
12 reviews
18. Re: Estonian Song Festival - 2019

Tickets are not on sale yet. Other years they've come on sale around February I think. They will most likely be sold on the Piletilevi platform: https://www.piletilevi.ee/eng

Hometown, Illinois
1 post
19. Re: Estonian Song Festival - 2019

Great questions and tips!

Headed over for Song Festival 2019.

Anyone know where I can buy tickets in advance for the Song & Dance Celebration?

Stratford...
2 posts
20. Re: Estonian Song Festival - 2019

How, where, when do you buy reserved seats?

Reply to: Estonian Song Festival - 2019
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tallinn
Recent Conversations