We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is riga safe ?

Rishon Lezion...
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
is riga safe ?

hi everyone

i will come to riga in the summer time (july-august) i wanted to know if riga is safe ? i read many bad comments about riga and its crime, and that its not really a safe city

i wanted to add that i am not going to a cheap hotel (i am going to a 5 stars one) and i am going clubbing but i am going it through a company with vip and so on plus i have a bodyguard at night with me at the club

do i still need to feel unsafe ? its really troubling what i read, and again not that i have anything against the latvian people, i respect culture and everyone, i just want to go out and have fun

cause it seems that there is a scam waiting for u in every corner

i always travel alone to many cities and never read so many bad reveiw

thanks for the help

38 replies to this topic
Rishon Lezion...
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is riga safe ?

and i wanted to add, that during the day i want to get to know of the city see the amazing things over there so what i am saying i really want to enjoy i have been waiting for this trip for a long time, just have some concerns

Vilnius, Lithuania
Destination Expert
for Lithuania, Vilnius
Level Contributor
2,121 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: is riga safe ?

<<i wanted to add that i am not going to a cheap hotel (i am going to a 5 stars one) and i am going clubbing but i am going it through a company with vip and so on plus i have a bodyguard at night with me at the club>>

that really made me LOL

your imagination goes out and beyond, stop reading ...

Rishon Lezion...
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: is riga safe ?

welll i dont think its funny at all , all i want to do is to give the genreal info of my trip , u should read some of the comments , its not that i am going to change something , all i am trying to do is to gather information about a new city i want to visit.

i think u would have done the same

Vilnius, Lithuania
Destination Expert
for Lithuania, Vilnius
Level Contributor
2,121 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: is riga safe ?

just be sensible and you will be totally fine.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g27496…

Rishon Lezion...
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: is riga safe ?

thanks

any food advice for Italian/american restaurants/ good coffee houses ?

any nice day tour places to see ?

Vejen, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Riga
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: is riga safe ?

@gongo81

I think you have read some very old stories.

Vejen, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Riga
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: is riga safe ?

Try the search function in this forum, there is many

good recommandations on restaurants and sights.

My favorite Italian is Da Sergio

Rishon Lezion...
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: is riga safe ?

well not some that old, its was strange to me that most of the comments were bad, just wanted to make sure that i am not making a bad decision by wanting to come there and going there alone

7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: is riga safe ?

A common scam is "randomly" having a conversation with beautiful girls, who soon will be inviting you to some selected, ordinary looking bar or cafe. Maybe they will say things to get you interested. Like "well, we are not lesbians'.

In the bar they order perhaps freshly prepared juice. Or a bottle of wine. Which turns out to be very expensive. You are supposed to pay for the drinks. The bars are part of this scam.

Rishon Lezion...
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: is riga safe ?

thanks for the tip !! well is it like this in the clubs as well ? which are the best nightclubs over there (not strip clubs) i will be there from tuesday-saturday (any clubs with vip area ?)

anything u can commander on ?

Reply to: is riga safe ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Riga
Recent Conversations