We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

If you need a useful, helpful advice from a local...

Riga
Destination Expert
for Riga, Jurmala
Level Contributor
1,241 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
If you need a useful, helpful advice from a local...

Hello to everyone, who plans, intends, wishes to visit Riga and Latvia!

From this forum I understood that many problems that occur with fellows-travellers occur from what can be called "blind traveling". When you just get a cheap plane ticket, book a hotel through the net and go. I also do that - and, must admit, successfully. But I also have to admit, that my dear home country is not to be visited like that. Many people here still want to make and make money from ripping off tourists.

I wish to do something good to my country, which is beautiful and not that bad, and that's why I offer my advice and help to everyone, who wish to see the good parts of Latvia. I'm sorry I can't be helpful to those, who come here for stag parties, since I don't visit local bars. My offer is more for those, who like nature, maybe museums, seeing the city and country!

Will be glad to answer your questions!

Kind regards,

Eva

717 replies to this topic
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
198 posts
Save Reply
671. Re: If you need a useful, helpful advice from a local...

thanks for that.

2 posts
Save Reply
672. Re: If you need a useful, helpful advice from a local...

Hello, I will be coming into Riga on May 5th on the Serenade Of The Seas. From what I hear, our ship is docking at a port that is further away (approx. 20min drive) instead of the ferry terminal near old town.

Are you aware of this second cruise terminal, and if so, do you have any suggestions on how best to get to and from there to the Old Town area?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

3 posts
Save Reply
673. Re: If you need a useful, helpful advice from a local...

If I visit Riga by cruise with 4 other family members, arrive at Krievu Salas terminals early July. Is it possible to prebook a taxi? How much does it cost from there to Town Hall?

or I can get a taxi easily at the terminals?

Riga
Destination Expert
for Riga, Jurmala
Level Contributor
1,241 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
674. Re: If you need a useful, helpful advice from a local...

I'm sorry, but I'm not aware if these new docking arrangements. But to prebook taxi is certainly possible. It should not be too expensive, since it is not far away.

3 posts
Save Reply
675. Re: If you need a useful, helpful advice from a local...

Thank you for your informaiton!

We try to arrange a taxi for 5 people.

3 posts
Save Reply
676. Re: If you need a useful, helpful advice from a local...

Thank you so much!

I ll prebook one for 5 people.

Edited: 22 June 2017, 03:45
Level Contributor
10 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
677. Re: If you need a useful, helpful advice from a local...

Hi Eva

We are going to Riga for three months, could anyone advice what to budget for living expenses for family of two ( no kids yet )?

Stuff like apartment rent, food in supermarkets, utilities and telecoms, etc?

Thanks in advance

Island of Gozo...
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
678. Re: If you need a useful, helpful advice from a local...

Hi,We are going to visit Riga in mid-September,We will be hiring a car .and would be staying in an airbnb place in DZELZAVAS iela.Please can anyone comment on the neighbourhood or surroundings,please.Thanks .

london
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
679. Re: If you need a useful, helpful advice from a local...

Hi

I'm visiting Riga next week but flying out early Sunday morning (6:05am). Is it possible to get to the airport from the old town on public transport at that time or will I have a take a cab?

Thanks.

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
19,651 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
680. Re: If you need a useful, helpful advice from a local...

took a 5am cab yesterday morning from north of the central area..... only 7 Euro...have your host or hotel reserve it for you

that early, I don't mess with relying on public transport ...just ask at the info center, they are very helpful

Reply to: If you need a useful, helpful advice from a local...
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted