We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beer prices and night life?

liverpool
Level Contributor
362 posts
11 reviews
beer prices and night life?

looking to go to riga for a stag do,can anyone tell me is it expensive in

riga?

Wigan
Level Contributor
121 posts
89 reviews
1. Re: beer prices and night life?

all depends where u go, if youre planning to stay in the old town in the clubs & bars it's about £4 a pint, if you go into the local bars you can get a beer for as little as £1. paddy whelans in the old town is great if you want to watch the footy and drink some English beer but its an expensive place to get pi**ed. a lot of the prices are similar to what u get in the UK... cigs are cheaper thou... £21 for a sleeve of marlboro. 3 years ago they were £8... and we think uk prices have gone up!!!

liverpool
Level Contributor
362 posts
11 reviews
2. Re: beer prices and night life?

n1 mate think i will swerve it then

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
769 posts
61 reviews
3. Re: beer prices and night life?

Beer prices have steadily fallen in the last year and a half. It used to be that it was close on four pounds depending on exchange rates but no longer. I was in Alberts last night where all beers were 1.60 lats (about £1.90) If you look around a bit more you can pay £1.20 in some places. Standard in most places in old town now would be about 1.50 lats/£1.80 for local beer and £2.50 - £3 for international imports.

Riga, Latvia
Level Contributor
218 posts
46 reviews
4. Re: beer prices and night life?

I have no idea if this is true or not, but it was hinted to me that Alberts is closing, and that is why the beer was so cheap (in fact, when I was there on Friday, a lot of the beers had already run out).

but in any case, there are plenty of cheap places to drink beer in Old Riga (and in Riga in general). Paddy Whelan's is just about the most expensive of the pubs to go to.

Riga, Latvia
Level Contributor
152 posts
8 reviews
5. Re: beer prices and night life?

After crisis nightlife in Riga is much cheaper than 2 years before. Depends on how much you can drink and how much nightclubs you would like to visit :)))) Most of the nightclubs are entry free, middle drinks about 2-5Eur.

Worldwide
Level Contributor
2 posts
41 reviews
6. Re: beer prices and night life?

Was there month ago. Pint of Guinness in old town 2 lats. Local beers about 1.30-1.80. Very reasonable.

Riga, Latvia
Level Contributor
218 posts
46 reviews
7. Re: beer prices and night life?

Walked by today and it does appear that Alberts is indeed closed...

Tampere
Level Contributor
170 posts
79 reviews
8. Re: beer prices and night life?

apparently, one of the guys opened another pub a couple of blocks from alberts (on skunu iela)

9. Re: beer prices and night life?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2012, 00:32
Get answers to your questions about Riga