We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car rental in Riga

Hungary
Level Contributor
145 posts
Save Topic
car rental in Riga

Hi!

Could you recommend me a reliable and not too expensive local car rental company in Riga?

Thanks in advance.

Istvan

28 replies to this topic
Munich
Level Contributor
7 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: car rental in Riga

hi, I would love to get some information about this too...actualy I've been talking with prime car rent, are they trustworthy?

Hungary
Level Contributor
145 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: car rental in Riga

Hi,

I used Addcar and I was satisfied with them. They do not have office in Riga, so they delivered to and picked up the car at the address I gave them without extra fee. Daily rent was 33 EUR

Istvan

Munich
Level Contributor
7 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: car rental in Riga

And did You return it in the same office/ country? Did You have to pay an extra fee forma that?

Hungary
Level Contributor
145 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: car rental in Riga

I returned it in the same city.

Monticello
Level Contributor
53 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: car rental in Riga

I am in Riga and will use Addcar in 2 days. They said they will pick me up at mu hotel and I can drop at bus station as I am taking Lux Express out once I return. Lux does offer prepaid cab in your artival city when reserving - at a good price.

Jelgava, Latvia
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: car rental in Riga

Hello! Please visit most popular car rental sites www.hertz.lv, www.avis.lv or www.europcar.lv

The small local companies dont have a good service

London, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: car rental in Riga

Hi there,

One of the best local companies with international experience is Prime Car Rent.

New cars, individual service, many pick up and drop off location all over Baltic States and relativly cheap prices. Try it and you won't regret it. I have been their customer for 4 years now, and never had a problem with them, not once.

www.primecarrent.com

London, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: car rental in Riga

Hi,

I dissagree, i used to hire cars from "BIG Brand" companies like you have mentioned, but the only advantage that they have is new car fleet. For which you have to pay a lot of money. There are several local companies that work under the same conditions, and quite honestly some of them are doing even a better job. Have you ever had a car delivered directly to you home free of charge during non working hours? I doubt it. Wel Prime Car Rent does it, maybe not for every customer, but deffinatelyf or a loyal one. You do not have to overpay for BIG Brand just to get a good service. Try www.primecarrent.com

London, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: car rental in Riga

Hi there,

I know it has been almost a year, but i have noticed you have mentioned Prime Car Rent company, and just wanted to let you know, that they are one of the most profesional car rental companies in Baltic States.

Yes they are concidered as a local company, but with international experience.

If you haven't tried them yet and planning to visit Blatic States i sugget you go ahad, you won't be dissapointed!

Edited: 17 March 2015, 08:13
Riga, Latvia
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: car rental in Riga

Dear Colleagues, Friends and future customers,

On behalf of the Prime Car Rent company we would like to inform you that even though most poeple concider local car rental companies as non professional ones, it is not really true. If you look back to that time when car rental business just started growing, all companies were local at first, and only the strongest kept on growing and became international. Yes, there are some local companies that are not big, without international experience, some of them do not even speak English. But you cannot excude the fact that there are some local companies with potential, and one of them is Prime Car Rent. We offer different kinds of cars, most of them are new, some of them are older. We offer flixible terms and conditions. Save to say we offer individual terms almost for every customer. We also know that there are some customers who were not happy with their experience renting with us, but that is only because they did not obey the rulles and terms for which they had agreed upon. For some reason a lot of people think if they had rented a car in Brazil, for example, the same terms will apply when they will rent in another city or country. That is not the case. Every company has its own rulles. Most of them are the same, but some of them might cause unpleasent experience if you ignore them. So we urge every potential car rental customer to read terms and conditions, do not just mark as read, but really read it, get acquainted before making a reservation: https://primecarrent.com/en/terms-conditions That way you will not have any unpleasent surprises. The more you know, the easier and much more efficient an experience you will get. Choose PRIME CAR RENT and get a great service!!! https://primecarrent.com/en/home

Be safe!

PRIME CAR RENT

Edited: 17 March 2015, 09:12
Reply to: car rental in Riga
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Riga
Recent Conversations