We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Sigulda

London
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Day trip to Sigulda

Hi

I am going to Riga mid Feb for four day and would like to take a day trip to Sigulda.

What is the best way to get there? Bus or Train? Not so worries about time, prefer comfort and pleasant sites.

Does anyone know a good day itinerary? I would like to bobsleigh, take the cable car, see some of the castles. Do you need a car or can you walk from one sight to the other?

Is the train station near the attractions?

Any advise would be appreciated.

Dawn

3 replies to this topic
Copenhagen, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Riga
Level Contributor
1,512 posts
44 reviews
1. Re: Day trip to Sigulda

Hi

I would prefer to take the train to Sigulda, but I have not tried the trip with bus so I cant compare.

You can walk from station to the castle, cablecar and bobsleigh, but need bus or taxi to the Aerodiom.

latvia.travel/en/luge-and-bobsleigh-track-si…

There is more about the topic in Riga forum:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g274967-i1134-k598…

Remember warm clothes and boots, as February can be meters of snow and minus 15-20 degrees.

London
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
2. Re: Day trip to Sigulda

Thank you so much for this.

We have tickets to the opera booked, plan to do to the lido for food and ice skating, old town and such.

Can you recommend any other must sees or do's?

Kind regards and thanks again.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Riga
Level Contributor
1,512 posts
44 reviews
3. Re: Day trip to Sigulda

You are welcome.

It depends on your level. There is some museums, specially the Occupation museum is interesting. The view above Riga from SkyBar at top of Radisson hotel or maybe from top of Academy of Science.

The Central Market with the old Zeppeliner hangars.

But I can still use days of just walking around in the small streets of the Old Town. Take a look in Riga forum for more tips.

And do´s could be try the tasty Riga Balsam and/or some of the many good local beers.

Btw Lido has its own brewery in the beercellar downstairs and live music at least in Friday and Saturday evenings.

Reply to: Day trip to Sigulda
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sigulda