We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riga for a Stag do??

Stevenage
Level Contributor
19 posts
6 reviews
Riga for a Stag do??

I am in the process of organising (well at the moment that it is a very loose term!) a stag do for my brother in November (I guess it will be quite cold this time of year!) this year.

He quite likes the idea of Krakow, Riga or less likely Talinn. What are the thoughts of going to Rigafor the stag do for a group of 12 for few beers, finding something to do on a Saturday afternoon and then the other bits that may happen on such a weekend away?

Only concern initially with Riga was the comments on the site regarding potential for trouble and being ripped off, however the more I read the more it seems similar to any large city and that you just need to be careful.

We are aged between 27-30.

I appreciate any help with this.

Telford, United...
Level Contributor
637 posts
1 review
1. Re: Riga for a Stag do??

As much as I love Riga I wouldn't put it on my shortlist for a trip in November, you'll have extrememly short days and the possibility of very cold weather. The coldest days last winter got down to -30 degrees or so. In fact the world record attempt for the longest ever queue of brass monkeys was held in Riga at the local welding shop!

A stag party should, I guess (!) be a happy event and I, for one, find it difficult to be shivering and happy at the same time.

Why not go somewhere warm for goodness sake??? :)

However, if you do decide to go to Riga. you'll find loads of things to do (including bobsleigh rides, bowling, indoor karting etc.) on this website www.inspirationriga.com/main.php…

Behave, be sensible and enjoy yourselves, wherever you go.

2. Re: Riga for a Stag do??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 November 2008, 17:00
3. Re: Riga for a Stag do??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2009, 16:19
Get answers to your questions about Sigulda