We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marlborough 5 days itinerary

Which Picton hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wellington
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
Marlborough 5 days itinerary

We plan a trip to Marlborough for 5 days from 26 to 31 December. I have never been there before and have several questions. This is our approximate itinerary.

We’ll be in Picton for two days and we’d like to do part of Queen Charlotte Track. I read that majority takes water taxis but I am concerned that they are too expensive over $100 per person.

1. My question is can we drive on Kenerupu road and then do small tracks to several sounds.

We then travel towards Abel Tasman Park.

I think to stay in Nelson for 2 nights and do Abel Tasman Park and Golden Bay from there.

2. We are not interested in wine tours. Is there anything interesting to see in Nelson. I am asking because I also considering staying closer to Abel Tasman Park. Probably in Motueka or in Puramahoi.

3. What are the prettiest Bays to see in Abel Tasman Park? I am interested in white beaches where we can swim. Is it possible to drive closer to them?

4. I am also thinking about going to Kaikora for one day. Apart from the whale watching and seals what else is to do/see in there.

I would appreciate your comments.

Thanks

1. Re: Marlborough 5 days itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2012, 11:15