We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Information from Transat Holidays

Kitchener, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,012 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Information from Transat Holidays

Just wanted to let everyone know that I have been informed by my travel agent that Tranasat has sent a team to Cuba to assess the damage with regards to sending clients. I have also been informed that this team is to return before Tuesday and will be presenting their findings.

I have also been informed that Transat is doing a product launch in my area on Tuesday night.

I have asked my travel agent to ask at the product launch if Air Transat will allow excess baggage at no charge for humanitarian aid.

Will reply when I find out more info.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
555 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Information from Transat Holidays

Thanks for the info Tazz, I look forward to hearing

more info. We leave in 54 days, I hope the resort is

put back together by then.

Cheers,

Rob

Kitchener, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,012 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Information from Transat Holidays

We leave in 74 days, but I don't care if the hotel is back up to full capacity. My wife and I are now focused on helping our friends get back on their feet to the road of recovery. We will be taking items with us to our luggage weight maximum, right up to the last pound.

Still, if Transat allows excess for humanitarian aid hope they can fit a truckload on the plane.(LOL)

3. Re: Information from Transat Holidays

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 14:17