We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renting scooter to explorer

ottawa
7 posts
Save Topic
Renting scooter to explorer

Just curious to see if anyone has any comments or has rented scooters to visit the countryside - around the Club amigo Atlanatico area, is it worth it? are there hidden treasures (areas) I should be aware of? Cost?

Also I hear it is a better deal to rent a cab as a group to tour the area, than getting in with a tour group

are there any good snorkelling areas around this resort or from the resort beaches

Burlington Ontario
Level Contributor
181 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Renting scooter to explorer

This is a good area to rent a scooter to explore. However renting a cab with 4 people splitting the cost is safe, while scooter accidents are about the most common type of injury in Cuba (for tourists). We rented scooters though and had a great time.! There are lots of rural roads to explore.

If renting scooters look out for potholes and animals. Driving at night...forget it. Some accidents happen because some people don;t know how to drive a scooter!! and they try it for the first time in Cuba! Also alcohol and scooters don;t mix too well but sometimes on holdays people forget about this.

.Yes, there is good snokelling in the vicinity.

Yarmouth Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Renting scooter to explorer

I've been to Guardalavaca a number of times...most recently to Club Amigo (last week of October) and I always rent a scooter. It is the best way to explore the countryside! My favorite trip is up through the hills toward Banes with a side trip to the restored Indian Village ( turn right after the first village...you will see the sign) and then back to the main road and on to Banes....The scooter price is cheaper for multi day rentals so on my most recent trip I rented the scooter for 5 days and used the scooter every day exploring many back roads...very safe and very little traffic.

ottawa
Level Contributor
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Renting scooter to explorer

i have been to club amigo approx. 10 times and i ride scooters on every trip for 4 days or a week.it is cheaper weekly,24$ for 1 day and 80$ for a week.it is beautiful around club amigo

ottawa
Level Contributor
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Renting scooter to explorer

you should always travel with another scooter friend......sometimes they break down so you can come back to the hotel and pick another one,,,,now what will you do with the broken scooter,,,,,,,simple,just leave it to the nearest house,making sure you get the address of the owner...people in cuba are so friendly,,,,good book to read about cu ba;title,,,an idiot in cuba ,so true,,it is by a journalist from toronto who rented a car and travelled the whole island,it is great and you can find it at any libraries

ottawa
Level Contributor
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Renting scooter to explorer

on one day i went to banes and push my way to holguin giving me 242 km. on the counter,,i will never forget theses escapades.I can tell you more if you want and to do things around club amigo.We are going on the 30 of april...right now they are freezing in cuba

newfoundland
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Renting scooter to explorer

the $24 is that in canadian dollar or cuc

ottawa
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Renting scooter to explorer

We are one week away, have been to other areas of Cuba before, but we are so looking forward to the rural part of the country

Any and all things to do or travel to on or off a scooter would be greatly appreciated

8. Re: Renting scooter to explorer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2010, 00:16