We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many cartons can i bring?

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
125 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How many cartons can i bring?

Just wondering if anyone had a problem bringing 2 cartons of cigarettes for a 2 week holiday in Holguin.

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
96,446 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How many cartons can i bring?

No problem. Although the limit is 200 they aren't interested. I take 400 in on every visit, to bring back for a friend, as I don't smoke.

I'd take more but don't want to risk it coming in back into the UK as I was stopped once years ago for having too many cigarettes. As I said going into Cuba is not likely to be a problem.

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,887 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: How many cartons can i bring?

No problem - get then at the Duty Free though, better prices

Cobourg ON
Level Contributor
790 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: How many cartons can i bring?

I usually take 2-3 cartons, and never had a problem.

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
125 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: How many cartons can i bring?

Thank you everyone, I usually only go for a week at a time and didn't know if there would be a problem. I can only smoke the Cuban cigarettes sparingly. I like my Craven A eh.....lol Sorry bad joke....lol.

Southern Ontario
Level Contributor
1,603 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How many cartons can i bring?

Cubakaty: We always take 4 cartons with us and pre-book our return duty free with the TA before we depart Toronto. In Canada, you can take out what you want, but on return you are entitled to 200 cigs each.

If you are lucky enough to be flying with an operator who allows you to pre-book duty free purchases, that is the way to go. Delivered right to your seat.

PS: You can also do this on your outbound flight. (I believe Sunwing does this but I know for a fact that AirTransat/Nolitours encourages it.). That way, no matter where you are sitting on the plane, you know your duty free purchase is waiting for you.

Bear River, Canada
Level Contributor
3,764 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How many cartons can i bring?

I always take cigs with me without a problem. My wife and I both smoke and have packed 4 cartons for a two week trip.

NOTE: Take Classic Canadian or similar so you won't be mistaken for a CUBIAN. If you follow a certain thread on here; you will know what I mean. LOL

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
125 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: How many cartons can i bring?

Thanks for the warning Jimbo.....lol

Southern Ontario
Level Contributor
1,603 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How many cartons can i bring?

Jimbo has given very good advice. If a Cubian sees you with a Popular or Hollywood package, they might chase you down and demand a t-shirt or even ask for your jewellery! !

But if they do, don't worry; there is a Team on their way to save you.

essex
Level Contributor
66 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How many cartons can i bring?

ha ha are our team getting in on all the threads now lol

Bear River, Canada
Level Contributor
3,764 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How many cartons can i bring?

Thread carefully though as they closed the other one. Oh well, it was fun and not inapprpriate while it lasted. We will continue our quest undercover at the bars and beaches of Cuba. See you all there.