We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomsons not flying to Cuba Summer 2014

Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
893 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Thomsons not flying to Cuba Summer 2014

Ive just spoken to Thomsons because Cuba didnt appear to feature in their Summer 2014 on line holidays. Apparantly they are not flying to Cuba next Summer but offered me Hayes & Jarvis which is part of the Tiu Group but I think is more expensive. I also asked about Winter 2014 but they wouldnt comment ! I know Thomas Cooks are still going to Cuba next Summer so I think they will be busy because if this decision !

Edited: 26 April 2013, 06:13
Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
100,649 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomsons not flying to Cuba Summer 2014

Good chance for Thomas Cook to up their prices. So sad to hear that Thomson are withdrawing flights from Cuba in Summer 2014.

Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
893 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomsons not flying to Cuba Summer 2014

Youre right I said the same thing on the PRDO Facebook Group earlier. They must be rubbing their hands with glee !

bexleyheath
Level Contributor
385 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomsons not flying to Cuba Summer 2014

Blimey Bellagio you beat me to it!!!!

Was just telling hubby about this and was just about to post on the forum. Wonder why this is???? I also went onto Hayes and Jarvis but they had no holidays for August. Possibly not loaded on their system yet??

Also couldn't get a 3 week holiday priced up on-line for PP in august either, only 14 nights.

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
100,649 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomsons not flying to Cuba Summer 2014

It would be interesting to know the reasoning behind this as the flights were nearly always full.

Gibsons, B. C...
Level Contributor
978 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomsons not flying to Cuba Summer 2014

The same thing happened to the Air Transat flights out of Vancouver, B.C. this past season - cancelled completely, with no explanation. I travelled with them several times on this route and the plane was always full, so the reasoning is a mystery to me.

Herne Bay, United...
Level Contributor
194 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomsons not flying to Cuba Summer 2014

Yup, I looked today and priced it up - just a grand more than this year......the trouble is for those of us who know what Cuba is like we will pay it. But by God it makes my blood boil!!!! Over a barrel methinks :(

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
100,649 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomsons not flying to Cuba Summer 2014

ianjo13:

Maybe a lot of people will look elsewhere, particularly if it's cheaper to the Dom Rep.

bolton lancashire
Level Contributor
232 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thomsons not flying to Cuba Summer 2014

I cant believe the prices that are coming up on the system, what is the reason for this? but saying that i`ve priced europe up aswell and there isnt much difference in the AI, range. I`ve looked at Mexico and the Dom rep and those prices are dearer. the best 1 for me is PP with 20kgs for 3 of us in May nx year its 2800. I bet it gets sold out quickly.

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
100,649 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thomsons not flying to Cuba Summer 2014

I suppose one could argue that air travel has been far too cheap these past years/

bolton lancashire
Level Contributor
232 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thomsons not flying to Cuba Summer 2014

very true- and we`ve been spoilt. were theres means, theres away