We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baggage within the US

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Topic
Baggage within the US

I will be travelling to the US from Australia in early June 11. We are coming in at lax staying for a few days before playing to Vegas and then returning..not sure what the baggage limit is for united airlines their website didn't really explain much. We are flying with v aust over to the US and they allow two bags with max weight of 32kg. I'm just worried when we fly between la and Vegas we will get hit with excess baggage charges.. Not wire what I can do..

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,206 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Baggage within the US

Not sure where you were looking but I found the info online.

Here is the link to your question: united.com/page/article/0,6867,52481,00.html

Happy Travels

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,749 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Baggage within the US

I have noticed that many times a poster will say they can't find something someplace and when I go there, there it is. Just need to make a little effort doing research. Chuck...

Sunnyvale...
Destination Expert
for San Jose
Level Contributor
5,998 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Baggage within the US

How about book your tickets from Australia directly to LAS with a "stopover in LAX? The entire international stipulations will carry over to the LAX-LAS segment.

This kind of information is hard to find with non back-breaking research or pre-acquired travel savvy.

If you buy the US domestic route "separate," baggage fees will apply as "usual." Exceptions occur like if you have Star Alliance elite membership.

Edited: 28 November 2010, 23:17
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Baggage within the US

Darth, according to the travel agent that has booked the flights, she stated that she couldn't do that, because V-Aust didnt fly to LAS.. I don't know what to do.. So with united you don't get any bags free to check in and you have to pay for them both.. I have checked out that link, it was the same one that I found, but it didnt really any my question do Blackbelt, I take offence to you stating that I didnt look in the first place.. How bout don't post something if you dont have anything positive to say.

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,206 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Baggage within the US

Your question has to do with the baggage limits. The link that I provided has a very clear answer to that question and it only took me 15 seconds to find.

What else were you looking for, Hails?

Sacramento...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento
Level Contributor
1,802 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Baggage within the US

Bravo Hails1989....another BlackBelt4 UpChuck hater.......join the club!!!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Baggage within the US

Didnt know there was more than one!!!

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,749 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Baggage within the US

Without looking at your bio, dave, I would say that you are a young girl, maybe 17-21 years old, living at home without a boyfriend? Am I right? Also, you use the "name" Dave so people will take you seriously. Anyway, you are very predictable. Take care and have a Merry Christmas, I don't hate you. Chuck...

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
88,047 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Baggage within the US

Even if you are booked on one ticket, you still may not get international baggage allowances when travelling internally. Alaska Airlines, for example, does not charge for baggage if there is a "connecting international flight" but defines such flights as being those with a connection within 12 hours.

Hails1989: Assume that United will apply its normal rules for domestic travel, and adjust your luggage accordingly. You will enjoy your holiday much more if you do not have too much luggage.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
140 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Baggage within the US

not sure what travel agent you used but V Australia flys to Las Vegas they code share with Delta.

we looked at them for or trip next Feb they had cheap flights to Los Angeles but on to Vegas was way too expensive