We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snowbird rentals

Canada
Level Contributor
400 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Snowbird rentals

Hi All,

We are thinking of renting a place for 2/3 months each winter. Open to all options, but are liking the look and feel of Clearwater and surrounding area - husband is planning to scope out some areas while he's down there in a couple weeks. Renting on or very close to the beach would be out of our price range, but perhaps somewhere within a 20-30 minute drive.

Must be in a safe area, but really don't care if it's an apartment, condo or in one of those mobile/manufactured home parks - as long as it's clean and kept up. Do any of you have any suggestions or know anyone who does this and can recommend a place first hand? Any info would be greatly appreciated. I would much prefer to get first hand knowledge as sometimes places all look great on the internet and pictures can be misleading. Oh - and it would have to be pet friendly as we have a parrot that would be joining us. Thanks soooo much!!!!

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,710 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Snowbird rentals

Many visitors find places on www.vrbo.com. But read some of the messages on the Clearwater forum to get more ideas. There are tons of places for long term rentals during the Winter time all along the West coast of Florida from the Tampa area and South to Naples.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
47,102 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snowbird rentals

There is a lady wwith a parrot in my development. She walks him every day in Winter lol.

Some places not listed as pet friendly (ie dogs and cats) may take a parrot so do negotiate.

Chester, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Snowbird rentals

I understand your dilemna..we also are from Nova Scotia looking to rent on the Gulf side for around 3 months for the winter of 2012-2013 but have the same concerns as Jackie.. if there are any site your can recommend for individuals such as Jackie or myself I would appreciate any assistance you can provide. I like Jackie have a small dog that would nee to be a pet friendly place. Thanking you in advance for any advice

Chester, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Snowbird rentals

Yes

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
47,102 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Snowbird rentals

Vrbo, gulfcoastrentals, homeaway.

Haines City...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Snowbird rentals

Check out the cabins at Oak Harbor RV and Manufactured home community in Haines City, FL. Nice fully furnished cabins on a 1,000 acre lake, and a couple renovated mobile homes and RV's for rent as well. It is a 55+ community in the Winter with numerous activities and get togethers.

www.oakhabor-rv.com

www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p231106

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
6 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Snowbird rentals

Snowbirds should also check out beautiful south walton. Look into www.30abeachrentals.net

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Snowbird rentals

Caters to Snowbirds on a budget and are pet friendly in Florida www.pensacola.essenceoasis.com

9. Re: Snowbird rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 December 2012, 15:35
UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
47,102 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Snowbird rentals

FT walton and Pensacola may be nice, and suitable for winter from those from places like Alaslka. bit too cold in winter for me though.

Balance cost against your personal tolerances for cold. In winter, teh further north you go the cheaper and the colder.