We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Orlando to Key West

Which Florida hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vitoria
Level Contributor
161 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
From Orlando to Key West

Hello!

I am at Orlando right now. Tomorrow I am going to Key West. I have 2 days free until go to Miami.

What is the best way to go Key West? East or West Coast? Any interesting place to know in this trip (Orlando to Key West)? I am by car!

Thank you!

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
13,108 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Orlando to Key West

From Orlando to Key West is an 8 hour drive if you don't make many stops. I would take the turnpike straight thru to Florida City. Keep in mind there are cashless tolls in Miami. Look at the Florida Keys forums for ideas to check out on the drive thru the keys.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
44,833 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From Orlando to Key West

I agree, the turnpike til you get to the end, then US 1.

Interesting stops include Alabama Jacks on Card Sound Rd, Robbie Marian where you can feed the giant tarpon, Scotty's landing for lunch in Marathon, Big Pine Key to see the tiny mini deer.

3. Re: From Orlando to Key West

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 15:15