We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Hampshire Hotel/Resort with the best indoor Pools

new hampshire
Level Contributor
312 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
New Hampshire Hotel/Resort with the best indoor Pools

I am looking to stay 1 or 2 nights in a NH hotel that has a great pool for the kids. Any suggestions? We have stayed at the Steele Hill Resort and they had a great indoor pool, with jacuzzi and waterslide. Thanks for any recommendations.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,074 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Hampshire Hotel/Resort with the best indoor Pools

when? Is this a lake trip or ski trip or summer trip or what???

not sure of definition of great but Eastern Slope, Seasons at Attitash, Nordic Village and Red Jacket all have indoor pools.

There are many other places as well and a quick search will locate them for you. Does it have to be indoor- can't really tell by the question.

new hampshire
Level Contributor
312 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Hampshire Hotel/Resort with the best indoor Pools

Yes it has to be indoor as we are looking to go sometime next week. We are not skiers, so it doesn't have to be in the mountains. Just looking for a nice pool the kids can enjoy for a couple of days. Thanks.

Antrim, New...
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Hampshire Hotel/Resort with the best indoor Pools

I don't know about water slides, but here are a couple of hotels our kids have enjoyed.

A Fireside Inn http://afiresideinn.com/

Nice kidney shaped pool, plus large lacuzzi, small putting green, some video games, maybe even a ping pong table, all in the same room. Fun place to hang out. It is West Lebanon, near a lot of shopping and restaurants, and near Hanover, with some great shops, and all that Dartmouth offers at your disposal - arts, performing arts, hockey and basketball games, great book store. Also, the Dartmouth Outing Club maintains the ice on a pond in town, including skate rentals and a big bon fire. They also offer cross country skiing on nearby golf course, and there is a sledding hill across the parking lot. Also, Montshire Science Museum across the river in Norwich. Great place for an afternoon with the kids.

I don't know all the resorts in the White Mountains, but I am pretty sure that, along with the indoor pool, Attitash also has a heated outdoor pool. The two may be connected. It's been a few years since I was there. Swimming in a heated pool in mid winter is great, and memorable for the kids. But if you are not a skier, you will pay ski resort prices in ski country. And Christmas week is always high priced.

Some hotels that I know of good sized pools, but not necessarily the slides and such:

Sheraton Portsmouth - great location in downtown. I always locve a winter walk on the beach.

Samantha's Inn in Tamowrth - I just schedked their website and it was down. I'd call first. Nice pool and good rooms. Near ski country, but not in the heart of it. Not too far from King Pine Ski Mtn which has a great tubing hill - groomed with tubes provided and a tow rope to the top.

Best Western in Keene. People I know who have stayed there have enjoyed the pool. Keene is a good small city for a couple night stay.

Another place you might check out is East Hill Farm, in Troy, a four season resort that is a working farm and offers all kinds of indoor and outdoor winter activities without the emphasis being on downhill skiing. There website is http://www.east-hill-farm.com/index.html

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,938 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Hampshire Hotel/Resort with the best indoor Pools

Not sure if you are willing to leave NH, but you might be interested in CoCo Key. There are two locations located in northern Massachusetts. They are located in Danvers, MA and another at a Marriott Courtyard in Fitchburg, MA.

http://www.cpbostonns.com/index.html

http://www.cocokeyfitchburg.com/

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,672 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Hampshire Hotel/Resort with the best indoor Pools

In the North Conway area:

Hampton Inn in North Conway has an attached "Indoor Water Park" -- can't vouch for how good it is because they were booked the one time we stopped there looking for accommodations -- but it looked interesting from what we could see of it. Think they have a photo of it on their website if memory serves.

Eastern Slope Inn has a good-sized indoor pool and adjacent hot tub, but no slides, chutes, etc.... Think they also have photos on their website.

6. Re: New Hampshire Hotel/Resort with the best indoor Pools

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 December 2012, 05:21