We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

new York city day trip, parking

9 posts
Save Topic
new York city day trip, parking

I'm taking my son on a day trip to NYC for his birthday. He would like to see the satue of liberty, museum of natural history, and the empire state bldg. Is it better to park in Staten island and use the ferry to get into the city, or... Is there municipal garages right in Manhattan or nj that might be a smarter choice?

Best Seller
New York in One Day Guided...
1,246 Reviews
from US$89.99*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
149 Reviews
from US$175.00*
Best Seller
Niagara Falls Canadian Side Tour and...
1,093 Reviews
from US$109.95*
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: new York city day trip, parking

Hi tpoquette! Are you taking your car with you? Why not just book a transportation service that could arrange the day trip for both you? I guess this would be a great idea so both of you can enjoy the trip and you can have a quality time with him without having to worry about parking your car and everything. What do you think?

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
19,903 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: new York city day trip, parking

Where/which direction are you coming from?

3. Re: new York city day trip, parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2015, 01:15