We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting COSI and OSU

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
4 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting COSI and OSU

I have never been to Columbus and we are looking for a nice place to eat that is very family friendly. We will have 4 kids with us under the age of 8. We will be near the museum and we will be staying at Drury Hotel in Grove City. Thanks!

Cleveland
Level Contributor
10,853 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting COSI and OSU

Grandview Heights is very near Ohio State. Many believe Dewey's Pizza is the best pizza chain in Ohio, and there's one in Grandview Heights. Also there is a Jason's Deli, if you want a healthy food option. Kids especially love Jason's because it has free soft serve ice cream for dessert.

http://deweyspizza.com/

http://www.jasonsdeli.com/

The kids also might enjoy one of the restaurants at Ohio State's Ohio Union student union building.

thelantern.com/campus/….T3pLcNlZ-uI

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,766 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting COSI and OSU

I see you're fairly new to the TA forums. Not sure if you intended to post this on the Columbus forum or put it on the Ohio forum on purpose. It's probably a good idea to put it on the Columbus forum rather then the more general Ohio forum.

Obviously youll get responses here, but I expect you'll get more (and better?) ones on the city forum rather then the state-wide one.

At least one reason for this is that generally speaking locals tend to "hang out" in the forum for their city more than the one for their state.

Good luck & hope your trip goes well,

hlo

Cleveland
Level Contributor
10,853 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting COSI and OSU

The Columbus Spaghetti Warehouse also is a possibility:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spaghetti_Warehouse

You also should consider visiting a Jeni's and/or Graeter's Ice Cream store. They are both rated among the best ice creams in the U.S., although Jeni's emphasis on locavore creations makes it more unique.

Edited: 03 April 2012, 17:16
Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
2,036 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visiting COSI and OSU

If you are staying in Grove City you will have plenty of options along Stringtown Road for meals.

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
2,036 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visiting COSI and OSU

Just curious....is there a reason you are staying in Grove City? I think a hotel downtown would be more convienent to both OSU and COSI.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
4 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visiting COSI and OSU

I am new to posting and I didn't mean to post to the general OH. :) I thank you all very much for replying though. Kendallsmom - We are going to be meeting family and we were simply told where we would be staying. Not sure why we are staying out of the city! Hopefully traffic won't be bad getting into the city for our excursions.

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
2,036 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visiting COSI and OSU

You are not far from your destinations...everywhere in Columbus takes 20 minutes to get to, lol....there are just more convienent areas. However Grove City is nice and you will jave lots around you for food, shopping, etc.

Westerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
685 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Visiting COSI and OSU

A neighboring post is about a family meal in Columbus that is worth a visit.

Buca de Beppo is in the Arena District, 5 minutes from COSI. It's family Italian, kid friendly and in my opinion, better food than Spaghetti Warehouse.

One block away is the Ted's Montana Grill burger option.

Schmidt's Sausage Haus in German Village is a Columbus landmark. Moderately priced, family friendly and midway to Grove City.

Also in German Village is the original Max and Ermas. Burgers and more. Casual, moderate, good food, and totally kid friendly.

9. Re: Visiting COSI and OSU

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 22:40