We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to watch NHL?

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
823 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
where to watch NHL?

staying in McMinnvile (and Portland for second part of trip) starting the 15th and wanted to watch my Nashville Predators take on the wings in the 1st round of the NHL playoffs.

I will miss the game on the 15th as we will be on the plane all day but that still leaves the games on the 17th and 20th.Any suggestions where I could find an out of market game like that? In both Mcminnville and Portland near the airport. we are staying at the ALoft Cascade Station for the later game and Mcminnville for the other one.

Thanks, Kelly

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Portland
Level Contributor
1,630 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to watch NHL?

Kelly:

For the game on the 20th, Aloft at PDX is virtually next door to a Buffalo Wild Wings http://g.co/maps/4z4em (beat the Wings while eating wings?). Not sure if you want something 'basic' like BWW or a local place with more exciting cuisine? If you want other ideas, just ask... but you won't find any place closer! :)

For McMinnville on the 17th, are you looking for a pub, etc? It's been a few years since I've stayed in McM, but I seem to recall Golden Valley Brewery (980 NE 4th) having TVs tuned to sports and a pretty good atmosphere for game-watching www.goldenvalleybrewery.com/restaurant.htm Maybe call them to be certain...

Brian

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
6,097 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to watch NHL?

The bar at McMenamin's Hotel Oregon in McMinnville is another possibility. Too bad you won't be in Cabo -- seems like every sports bar in Cabo DSan Lucas or San Jose Del Cabo is owned by Canadian ex-pats. Hockey is on everywhere!!

Edited: 09 April 2012, 22:36
3. Re: where to watch NHL?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 07:41