We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oregon Road Trip

Clarkston...
3 posts
Save Topic
Oregon Road Trip

So my fiancee and I are taking a trip from Clarkston Wa down through Oregon. Passing through Pendleton through Bend to Crater Lake then Klamath the down into California.

On our way back up through Oregon we will stay on the 101 most likely.

What I was hoping I could get some help with is interesting places for us to stop and see on our way. We like unusual random stuff, flea markets, farmers markets, good swimming holes, hot springs, waterfalls, and secluded beaches. We usually find these places while travelling simply by hitting downtown shopping and talking with store owners and customers, I was just trying to get a headstart on it this year. Let me know if there is something you thought was well worth seeing. I greatly appreciate it.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
44,428 posts
1,108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oregon Road Trip

To start... ;-)

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

How long do you have for your trip? I'm sure we can come up with lots of ideas for you but it helps to know how long you have to wander around.

Also, is this in summer or early fall?

"Into Calif" - will you be cutting across to 101 via Hwy 299 or farther south? Hwy 299 has the Bigfoot Museum at Willow Creek.

Longview, Washington
Destination Expert
for Mount Rainier National Park
Level Contributor
2,590 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oregon Road Trip

Here are a few ideas--

Pendleton - Underground tour, Pendleton Woolen Mills tour, Tamastslikt Cultural Center.

Between Pendleton and Bend - John Day Fossil Beds, Painted Hills, town of Mitchell, Prineville Reservoir (great swimming).

Bend - too much to list - check the TA suggestions for things to see and do.

Crater Lake: Do the Rim Drive, if you are ambitious and in good shape, hike down to the lake and take the boat tour.

Up the Oregon Coast on 101 - way to much to list: try this website

www.visittheoregoncoast.com

Troutdale, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Hood River, Troutdale, Cascade Locks, The Dalles, Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,419 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oregon Road Trip

There are lots of hot-springs in Oregon. You will find swimming holes all over the Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area, Look up www.nwhiker.com and look at Oneonta Gorge and Falls. Then look from next to next and find the waterfalls that you like.

Some are close to the street, some you hike to.

It is only east of Troutdale on I-84. Perhaps you would like to drive out there for awhle. Multnomah Falls is great too.

Mrs O

4. Re: Oregon Road Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2013, 00:46