We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orgeon Washington Wine Trail

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Orgeon Washington Wine Trail

My husband and I are going to be flying into Seattle for a day and then have 2 days to spend visiting wineries before flying out of Portland. The last day we are going to spend in Willamette but I'm having a hard time deciding where else to go. We have been to Napa/Sonoma and are looking for wineries that are little more scenic. Should we go the Columbia Gorge as opposed to driving to Walla Walla? And if so which wineries are the most scenic? (while we do care a little about the quality of the wine, we care a little more about the atmosphere) Thanks!

Orchards, Washington
Level Contributor
75 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Orgeon Washington Wine Trail

Two days is not long enough to go to Walla Walla and visit wineries. Go to Portland and then the wineries South. Maybe up the Gorge to Hood river. Nothing more, or you'll not have enough time to enjoy your selves.

Troutdale, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Hood River, Troutdale, Cascade Locks, The Dalles, Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,322 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Orgeon Washington Wine Trail

The Gorge wineries are starting to have an Italian influence. The Italian Grapes are being made into new and refreshing wines.

I was just reading an article today (an old one, but interesting) it was …registerguard.com/csp/…story.asp

I think you would enjoy it.

Start with Marchesi Vineyards in Hood River and see if you think you would enjoy it.

Less Sulphites, no headache and delicious.I like almost anything he makes. Sangiovese, Voigner, Pinot Grigio, and more. Last year he sold out out of Uvaggio (surprisingly in white and red) so quickly that we only got a few precious bottles.

Walla Walla has good wine as well. I think it's the high altitude for the grapes.

If you like Pinot Noir, your best bet would be Willamette Valley.

Happy tasting.

MrsO

3. Re: Orgeon Washington Wine Trail

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2013, 05:18