We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gig Harbor visit

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
450 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Gig Harbor visit

Very familiar with Gig Harbor but no longer own property there and it has been about 4 years since we were last there... have stayed at the motel that is above harbor.. so would welcome suggestions on where you would stay..will have car and are interested in what you think...thank you

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,009 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gig Harbor visit

I simply entered your search terms on TA and came up with:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Search?q=gig+harbor+motels&sub-search=SEARCH&geo=28968&returnTo=__2F__Hotels__2D__g28968__2D__Washington__2D__Hotels__2E__html

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
450 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gig Harbor visit

voyaging thank you very much.. I have done what you suggested.. I was seeking information based on a more particular or perhaps recent experience when I posted

Gig Harbor...
Level Contributor
4,157 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gig Harbor visit

We have a limited number of hotels here in town, as you know, since I live here I have not tried any of them my info is limited. Frankly it depends on your needs or wants as an individual.

The Maritime Inn will provide the most amout of local flavor and the abilitly to just stroll around town, but you know it's a small town. I might be putting friends up there in a few months

http://www.maritimeinn.com/

Best Western Plus is going to be easy to get in and out of, but if you are going to be here during "The Gig" or "Art Walk" could be a problem with shuttles running and the traffic gets tight with folks right there trying to catch a shuttle into town. Just a heads up. Otherwise it's a good choice.

The Inn at Gig Harbor is rather tucked away, but the Olympic Drive exit is having work done on the overpass for a couple of months, if you stay there traffic at Olympic and Pt. Fosdick is going to be a bit of a mess, but I'm sure you know the 'back way'.

SInce most everything here is 'above town' I have no idea where you stayed, but I guess BW.

With that, I would love to hear what you think after your four year time away - we've grown a lot!!

Edited: 10 April 2012, 19:16
Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
450 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gig Harbor visit

will try to remember to post after our visit.. we are coming in August when it is summer in Gig Harbor and it is so beautiful thanks for the information

5. Re: Gig Harbor visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 15:40