We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help selecting a hotel

TN
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Need help selecting a hotel

Our family of 5 (2 adults and 3 children 11, 9, and 2) are planning a trip to DC July 13 to July 17. We'll be doing most of the normal tourist activities. Enough to give the kids a taste of DC. The only activity we have planned outside the DC tourist area is Mount Vernon. We will be coming in from Gettysburg prior getting to DC. 2 days in Gettysburg and the remainder in DC. I'm looking for a hotel outside the DC area that has free parking, a daily breakfast, and costs less than $150 a night that is in a safe neighborhood and close to a Metro station. I know that's a really tall order to ask for. I'm not looking for 4 star quality but I don't want to stay someplace that has an hourly rate either! :) With 3 kids we're obvioulsy traveling on a budget so having the free breakfast is a plus. I also don't mind paying a little more to include the breakfast as long as I don't have to pay an arm and a leg for parking.

Thanks!

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
3,227 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help selecting a hotel

That is a tall order, although in mid-July there are deals to be had normally. Check out places like Hawthorne Suites Alexandria, Washington Suites Alexandria, Hampton Inn and Suites (National Airport), Hampton Inn Springfield, Virginian Suites (Arlington, VA). There are some Marriott brands that can offer good prices as well, but those all looked high at the moment on the Marriott website. Good luck!

los angeles
Level Contributor
240 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help selecting a hotel

Econo Lodge Metro (Lee Highway, N. Arlington) is about a 10 minute walk to the East Falls Church Metro station. Has free parking and breakfast (read TA reviews).

CT
Level Contributor
84 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help selecting a hotel

I just got Embassy Suites old town ALexandria King street metro for 150 a night with cooked breakfast. Across the street from metro, restaurants and all nearby. It's a suite with lots of room. Only catch 15 I think to park nightly. Expedia. Keep your eye on the web sites it went on sale for the days we anted in June over the weekend. Normally 240.00.

4. Re: Need help selecting a hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2010, 02:17