We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay DC

Tunbridge Wells
Level Contributor
33 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay DC

Any recommendations for good value accommodation in Washington DC - somewhere central as I won't have a car (2 middle aged adults !!)

Washington DC Hop-On Hop-Off...
1,381 Reviews
from US$13.50*
Gettysburg Day Trip from Washington DC
336 Reviews
from US$150.00*
Special Offer
International Spy Museum
219 Reviews
from US$18.20*
US$24.26
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
21,185 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay DC

I recommend you read the dozens of recent topics on this forum about choosing a hotel in the DC area. You will get more help if you post your dates and a proposed price for a hotel you consider a "good value".

Level Contributor
38,840 posts
1,013 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay DC

We staye two nights at the Sofitel for under $200/night. This property recently received a Traveler's Choice award on this site. It is walking distance to the White House and the Smithsonian Museums. Loved our stay there! :)

Tunbridge Wells
Level Contributor
33 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay DC

Thanks for replies - sorry to be so vague but have only just booked flight and not really thought about what we want to see etc. We are there on 4th May for 3 nights then back on 10th May for 2 nights. We had hoped for about $150 per night - just has to be clean and safe - no luxury required as we don't intend to be in it much apart from sleeping. preferably own bathroom but not essential...

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay DC

I would start with fare searching sites such as orbitz, travelocity, etc. to see if you are in the ballpark. Priceline bidding may be suitable for you.

Check Downtown, Dupont Circle, and Penn Quarter

Tunbridge Wells
Level Contributor
33 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay DC

Thanks - will do that. I have found a couple of small places near the Metro at Brookland. We would have to travel in by bus or train but I guess that would be fine tp get a decent price...

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay DC

You might want to post the address if you are thinking of staying at an apt. near Brookland. Brookland is in DC, so you won't technically "travel in" from their

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
21,185 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay DC

Hotels in Brookland? Not the best place for a tourist. Away from most of the amenities tourists need, like restaurants.

8. Re: Where to stay DC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2010, 02:16