We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Husbands birthday dinner with tots in tow?

Florida Keys...
Level Contributor
126 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Husbands birthday dinner with tots in tow?

Headed to DC this weekend to celebrate my husbands birthday with our 2 boys 8 years and 3 year old daughter.

Would like to find a restaurant that while family friendly is a bit more upscale for the celebration. Definitely NO pizza or Italian food of any kind. Love Korean, Thai, japanese, Indian or just a good steak. A place where we could enjoy a good meal and cocktail but that is good for kids too.

Thanks!

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Husbands birthday dinner with tots in tow?

So did you change your mind from going to NYC?

Rasika is good for Indian

Florida Keys...
Level Contributor
126 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Husbands birthday dinner with tots in tow?

Lol..you read my other post! Yes we realized it was NYC Marathon this weekend..didn't sound too appealing to fight even more crowds!

So Rasika is on my list but I understand it's very tough to get reservations? I also have Mandu, Bangkok Joes, Zaytinya, Lebanese Taverna on my list. Have you been to any of these?

Thanks again for your watchful eye :)

Falls Church...
Level Contributor
142 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Husbands birthday dinner with tots in tow?

I'd go to Zaytinya for a celebration over Lebanese Taverna.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
994 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Husbands birthday dinner with tots in tow?

Rasika would be great. It can be tough to get a reservation with your date upcoming so quickly, but if you're flexible to dine early with the kids you might be in luck. It's also relatively noisy, which I think can be good for families.

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
3,103 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Husbands birthday dinner with tots in tow?

Another vote for Zaytinya.

Florida Keys...
Level Contributor
126 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Husbands birthday dinner with tots in tow?

Any other options in case I can't get into Zaytinya?

Washington DC
Level Contributor
123 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Husbands birthday dinner with tots in tow?

Check out Ted's Bulletin on Barracks Row (Capitol Hill). Very family friendly comfort food. Love to take the grandkids there.

8. Re: Husbands birthday dinner with tots in tow?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 07 November 2011, 16:44
Florida Keys...
Level Contributor
126 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Husbands birthday dinner with tots in tow?

Just to update..we got a late start for dinner last night and were at the mercy of the concierge at our hotel..he sent us to McCormick and Schmicks. We wouldn't have taken this for a kid friendly restaurant on first glance but it was perfect for our little brood! They seated us in a nook..like our own private dining room and had a kids menu..just right!

Tonight we ended up at Zaytinya and it was fantastic!!!

Thank you all for your input!

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
3,103 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Husbands birthday dinner with tots in tow?

Glad to hear...thanks for reporting back!

Arlingtonman13