We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4th of July at Disneyland (or just the fireworks)

Bothell, Washington
Level Contributor
67 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
4th of July at Disneyland (or just the fireworks)

We (family of 4) are planning our trip to California, with a second half of our week at Disneyland. We try to go each year if possible. We haven't been at 4th of July, so this is new for us. I did read on Facebook that it is insane on the actual 4th of July. So, I'm tempted to not even try to go in the park and just sleep in that day, maybe a non park character breakfast, pool day or something like that.

So.....my questions.....

1. If we decide to just do fireworks that night, should we head toward the security area and watch from there?

2. Has anyone done INSIDE either park on the 4th, and is it really as crowded as I've heard?

3. If we're in the Anaheim area, is there something else patriotic to do during the day?

This holiday is bittersweet for me. We used to celebrate as a big crowd with my dad. He died almost 2 years ago. So last year we went away on vacation as well on the 4th just to get away, doing it again as well. (I got the news about my dad's death while inside Disneyland, minutes before a character breakfast reservation....sigh).

Anyhow, much appreciated to anyone who can give some tips!

13 replies to this topic
Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
80 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: 4th of July at Disneyland (or just the fireworks)

On the website isitpacked.com, they actually say that the 4th is an “alright” day at DL... is that not accurate??

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
30,455 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: 4th of July at Disneyland (or just the fireworks)

runnerchick452,

It just depends, but actually that site lists "Hey its alright" meaning average busy crowds, not low crowds for the 4th. Thats possible this year since the 4th happens to fall right in the middle of the week which may deter some from visiting as they wont have time after that off, but it wont deter the locals from visiting. It would still be busy. Keep in mind with any crowd predictions, it can vary from year to year, and things are certainly not exact as far as crowds as it cant take into account every variable.

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: 4th of July at Disneyland (or just the fireworks)

Seems like I'm the only on who enjoyed Disneyland on the 4th of July! It was a novelty to me and my mum as Australians, but I noticed that the 4th of July was actually the quietest of the four days we had there. We didn't do anything differently, still rode rides and met characters. I suppose it can easily vary from year to year, but it felt to me like so many people had heard how busy and crazy Disneyland was on the 4th, that they all kept away from it! Even after we were there and I was saying to a few friends that we had been in Disney for the 4th, they all said, "Oh that must have been awful!" Really, not awful. Not even a little bit. Do whatever you feel is right for you and your family and enjoy the time together.

Reply to: 4th of July at Disneyland (or just the fireworks)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted