We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The last day

Western Australia...
Level Contributor
272 posts
7 reviews
The last day

So we have a flight departing LAX at 1030pm in January. Hoping to get a late checkout and also store bags at hotel. Will be staying close to Disney. What are some suggestions for our last day in the area after being at Disney the previous 3 days. We won’t have a car and will be getting a shuttle/bus to the airport around 630. 2 adults and 2 kids. Happy to use public transport if it’s easy. Can’t use taxi etc as wont have kids seats. I assume this is a pretty common occurrence. Thanks

4 replies to this topic
california
Level Contributor
987 posts
20 reviews
1. Re: The last day

Tough to say without knowing the days of the week or ages of your kids. If it is sunny, I would make your way to the beach. The water won’t be warm enough, but it would be pretty, and you can rent bikes, shop, people watch. Huntington, Newport/Balboa, Laguna would all be good choices, though with public transportation, not sure. There are also beach tours. But I would only do this if the weather is good.

I would look into sports schedules while you are here...hockey, basketball, and check college too.

My first suggestion would be the California Science Center in LA. You can take the train to Union Station then the Metro Expo line to the Museum (its adjacent to the USC campus). The downside here, is you’d have to make the two hour trip back to Anaheim, only to get in your shuttle and go back to LA.

Irvine Spectrum is a fun outdoor shopping center, with lots of restaurants, a Ferris wheel, carousel and little trackless train. And in January they usually have an ice skating rink. I’m just not sure how you’d get there with public transportation, maybe bus and train?

The other option, if you aren’t tired of amusement parks, is Knott’s Berry Farm. It’s nearby Disneyland. And actually opened it’s chicken dinner restaurant and Ghost Town amusement park before Disneyland. Now there are thrill rides too, but it has a real old train that still runs throughout the park, and a stagecoach ride, and other attractions, if the kids are little and thrill rides aren’t their thing.

We can help you figure out transportation to any of the above, once you make up your mind.

Hope this helps.

Chinchilla...
Level Contributor
420 posts
61 reviews
2. Re: The last day

I always pay for that extra night s I can go back to hotel shower and freshen up for that loooong flight .

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
30,844 posts
94 reviews
3. Re: The last day

I would really suggest you pay for the extra day as suggested. It will make your trip so much more enjoyable. Its unlikely you are going to get really any sort of late checkout, and then you will have to move your baggage twice, , as well as have nowhere to rest, etc. Its well worth the extra cost for that day to not have those issues.

Without a car, you do have limitations on what you can do. Many people will do a partial day at Disneyland. That 4th day for Disneyland should only be about $20 more per person. Some will also visit Downtown Disney that last day for a few hours to shop, etc. If you dont want to visit Disneyland, you could take a partial daytour to the beach, but Jan weather may or not be the best, as its usually a more rainy month.

Since you wont have a car, and no car seats....I dont think trying to get to LA is an option for you really with luggage along.

Vancouver, WA
Level Contributor
789 posts
55 reviews
4. Re: The last day

We always do another day at the park. Have a nice sit down lunch and do some shopping before going home. You don't have to upgrade your tickets now, you can decide later. As long as you do it before they expire on the last day of your ticket, you can extend them at the ticket window.

Reply to: The last day
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted