We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adding Maxpass to discount tickets

Vancouver, WA
Level Contributor
788 posts
55 reviews
Adding Maxpass to discount tickets

If I buy tickets from a discount dealer (like aRes) can I add Maxpass later? Do I have to pay the price difference like you would if you were adding more days?

7 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
89 posts
35 reviews
1. Re: Adding Maxpass to discount tickets

You can add it later, you have to be in the park with your ticket scanned though. Just add it on the Disneyland app. It’s actually better to do on a daily basis cuz you might not need it every day you’re there.

So. Calif.
Level Contributor
649 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Adding Maxpass to discount tickets

Max pass is $10 per ticket per day regardless what you paid for your tickets.

WLA
3 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Adding Maxpass to discount tickets

Hi everyone,

Does anyone of you end up adding Max Pass on top of discounted ticket purchased from Expedia or somewhere else?

I would be interested to find about how did it really go... Was it really possible? Was it easy hustle free process? Or any dramas?

We will be going to Disneyland soon and we are trying to work out the most price efficient and process efficient solution.

Many thanks in advance :)

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
4,941 posts
207 reviews
4. Re: Adding Maxpass to discount tickets

Armine, they really don’t care. MaxPass is a seperate, optional purchase and you can add MaxPass to your ticket for $10 per person per day regardless of where, when, how and from whom you got it. It just has to be a legitimate, valid ticket.

All the best

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
30,723 posts
94 reviews
5. Re: Adding Maxpass to discount tickets

wlalw,

This article on using the Max Pass should be helpful to you. There are no issues with getting Max Pass regardless of what kind of tickets you purchased. Once you go through the Turnstiles, that will give you actual tickets with bar code numbers to use. You can then purchase the Max Pass on your phone, link the numbers to it, and use the Max Pass within the Park.

https:/…

WLA
3 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: Adding Maxpass to discount tickets

Thank you so much, I will read the article! Have you used Disneyland Tickets plus Max Pass by yourself? How was the experience?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
30,723 posts
94 reviews
7. Re: Adding Maxpass to discount tickets

No, I dont use Max Pass, I dont find I need to as I visit quite frequently, and am familiar with Disneyland. Using the free Fastpass system and looking at the free Disneyland App which shows wait times along with Mousewait... which is also a free app that people within the Park report on lines... has served us well, and I wont pay more for the Max Pass, but thats just me.

Reply to: Adding Maxpass to discount tickets
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted