We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is $1,400 enough for a solo trip to Disneyland?

3 posts
Is $1,400 enough for a solo trip to Disneyland?

Hello all,

I am currently 1.5 months away from my first ever trip to the west coast/Disneyland for 6 days. I have my hotel flight and park tickets all paid and I will be bringing approximately $1,400 not including the money available on my credit card. This money would be intended for food, souvenirs, and the $5 uber rate from my hotel to the park and back. I'm unsure if this would be enough to cover all my expenses, and have no one to advise me on this. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.

11 replies to this topic
So. Calif.
Level Contributor
644 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Is $1,400 enough for a solo trip to Disneyland?

That sounds like more than enough if that’s to cover food, souvenirs and Uber only. For one person?

Level Contributor
6,581 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: Is $1,400 enough for a solo trip to Disneyland?

If you budget properly and hold off buying souvenirs til day 5 and 6 when you have a better idea of how much play-money you have, you'll be fine. But if you blow it all on day one, spending wildly, then you'll have to bust out the credit card eventually.

Just be aware that everything at Disney steers you into spending more money. The lines are too long, the streets are overcrowded, so you'll feel you have nothing to do but go into the shops. That's how they've designed the place, they want you to buy buy buy. And their most profitable items are always front and center and in-your-face just like any other marketplace.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
22,203 posts
262 reviews
3. Re: Is $1,400 enough for a solo trip to Disneyland?

If you plan to spend all of your time at the Disney parks, you'll be able to go in and out, so consider eating your meals outside of the park to save money.

Chinchilla...
Level Contributor
417 posts
61 reviews
4. Re: Is $1,400 enough for a solo trip to Disneyland?

hi im from oz when went for 10 days I had $3000 us I found before gong out and buying things I saw and thought wow I windowed shop first you get so sucked in at disneyland to but if your careful it will be enough I still came home with $600 and that's even with me splurging on hubby and dogs lo have fun xxx

3 posts
5. Re: Is $1,400 enough for a solo trip to Disneyland?

Thank you! sounds really reasonable actually so im glad to hear that.

Edited: 03 May 2018, 17:11
3 posts
6. Re: Is $1,400 enough for a solo trip to Disneyland?

Uhhh I'm not sure how to reply to individual people as I'm new on here but thank you all for your responses. Someone asked if it'd be one person, yes it'll be just me! Thank you all for the advice to hold off on souvenir buying until the last day. Do you guys recommend max pass by chance or is that not worth it?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
30,609 posts
94 reviews
7. Re: Is $1,400 enough for a solo trip to Disneyland?

Since your traveling solo, Im not sure Max Pass would really be needed for most attractions. The busier ones offer Single Rider where you have a separate shorter line if you are willing to ride alone. Although some with Fastpasses will not offer Single Rider. So really up to what you may want to do. Summertime is busy at Disneyland. Here is more info on Single Rider at Disneyland.

wdwinfo.com/disneylandcalifornia/…

Regular Fastpasses for certain attractions are free and you use your Disneyland ticket for access. So its really up to you if you want to spend the extra to get Max Pass which basically has the use of Fastpass on your phone without going to the attraction to get a Fastpass. Here is more info on the free fastpass system and how to use it. And info on the new Max Pass.

https:/…fastpass

https:/…fastpass

Your funds sound like plenty! How many days are you planning on visiting Disneyland? Are you staying in Anaheim all 6 days? Let us know a little more info and we can make the best suggestions.

And if your unfamiliar with Disneyland, I would suggest you download the free Disneyland App to your phone. It will be very helpful and will show Maps of both Parks, Fastpass return times, and alot of other helpful info.

https:/…

Edited: 03 May 2018, 17:29
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
306 posts
1 review
8. Re: Is $1,400 enough for a solo trip to Disneyland?

I like to allocate a set dollar amount per day for food and expenses.

Give yourself $200/day, and as the other poster suggested, hold off on buying souvenirs until later in the week.

That will give you a chance to see how much money you have left and it will also give you a chance to scope out different shops before deciding to buy anything.

Depending on where you eat, food shouldn't be more than ~$80/day, unless you're going to more expensive places.

Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Tijuana, Anaheim
Level Contributor
4,274 posts
10 reviews
9. Re: Is $1,400 enough for a solo trip to Disneyland?

I cannot possibly imagine how you would spend $233 a day on food, Uber, and souvenirs. $20 per meal is more than enough unless you want to go eat at Morton's or the Blue Bayou every day, and breakfast will be less than half that unless you want a huge meal.

Prince Rupert...
Level Contributor
308 posts
9 reviews
10. Re: Is $1,400 enough for a solo trip to Disneyland?

We just got back and spent $1100.00 for a total of 8 days. We went to Legoland, SeaWorld, Disney for 3 days and Huntington beach for the day.All our hotels included breakfast, normally we would have a decent snack/lunch in the parks and Dinner away from parks. There were 3 of us and felt we didn't ever go without. We were surprised how little we spent.

Reply to: Is $1,400 enough for a solo trip to Disneyland?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted