We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need to decide which hotel for 2 last nights in Anaheim

Palmer, Alaska
Level Contributor
369 posts
8 reviews
Need to decide which hotel for 2 last nights in Anaheim

Hi everyone!! I'm heading to Disneyland next month! Whoo hoo!! One of my older sisters is coming along, she is a newbie, I'm excited to introduce her to my favorite place on earth! So we are going to be there for 5 nights total. She and I will be going to DL for 2 days together, and later in this you'll see why this is important. I'm an AP (for now) sadly, it actually expires the day we leave.

So that is the little intro. Now, the lowdown on the hotel situation. I have us booked for 5 nights @ 3 different hotels. One being Tropicana Inn & Suites, which my daughter and I stayed at last year, we loved the newly refurbed rooms. The 2nd and 3rd (in this order) Holiday Inn & Suites on Manchester & Ayres Orange. So my plan as of now is to keep the first 3 nights @ Tropicana, partially due to my comfort level there, and also the proximity to the parks! For the last 2 nights, I am thinking of moving to a place that has a nicer and more private pool & whirlpool (she has a health issue which requires her to soak in a hot tub as much as possible for relief). The 2nd hotel doesn't have to be super close, but we are taking Lux Bus to Vegas the day we leave, so being close to their route would be nice www.luxbusamerica.com/bus-terminal-maps.php because we will leave no later than 8:45a the final day.

So I've considered a hotel I stayed in before, but the pool (and I'm not sure they have a whirlpool?) is in an area that is surrounded by windows, therefore not making it very private. I am honestly not even sure that the weather will be nice enough for a swim, but hot tubs are nice when it's cold too! So give me all your suggestions please? I don't want to spend $300+/night, and would love to stay in the $150-$200 range if possible.

Thanks guys! I can always count on you experts to help!!

6 replies to this topic
Corona del Mar...
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
59,908 posts
441 reviews
1. Re: Need to decide which hotel for 2 last nights in Anaheim

If you are staying at the Ayres Orange, I'd just move to the ALO Hotel by Ayres in front of it.

https:/…alo-hotel-by-ayres

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
30,826 posts
94 reviews
2. Re: Need to decide which hotel for 2 last nights in Anaheim

Really, the Jetted outdoor tubs are not meant for privacy since they want all guest to feel safe using them, so I dont think you are going to find a Hotel that are going to have very private ones?

If your going to stay at the Tropicana and then move Hotels, and also want to be closer to the Lux bus, etc, you may as well stay more in the Disneyland area. What about the new Hotels like Springhill Suites on Harbor blvd, Hyatt House, or the new Country Inn....

United States
Level Contributor
2,947 posts
143 reviews
3. Re: Need to decide which hotel for 2 last nights in Anaheim

TRopicana isn’t available the whole time? What about Camelot? It’s sister hotel to Tropicana. Their hot tub is up in the 5th floor, I think. They offer a 5 night discount.

Edited: 23 October 2018, 02:27
Palmer, Alaska
Level Contributor
369 posts
8 reviews
4. Re: Need to decide which hotel for 2 last nights in Anaheim

Hi there, sorry for the delay in responding. I need to cancel the Ayres, it's out of range of the parks & Lux bus when we leave. I have added another hotel to the mix, Ho Jo's. I booked us in a new room, but it's still a toss up now between there or the newer Holiday Inn & Express on Manchester. I've stayed at Ho Jo's several times before, I like their private "adult" pool that is fenced in by Building 2, but my understanding is they have a hot tub in the "kiddie" water park pool area? Let me clarify what I mean by private hot tub. Some of the hotels, like Tropicana ,have their pools/hot tubs in the middle of their building, and I consider that very open and not private. Holiday Inn has theirs enclosed by a high concrete "fence" and Ho Jo's seems to be sectioned off as well. Either one of the hotels will be close to the Maingate Courtyard which is where the last Lux Bus leaves out of on Sunday, the day we leave. Any opinions?? We may be heading to San Diego for a day trip in there somewhere, we can always uber it to the ARTIC train/bus station from anywhere in the area, so that's not as important to be close to it. Thanks again experts!

Seattle
Level Contributor
1,281 posts
11 reviews
5. Re: Need to decide which hotel for 2 last nights in Anaheim

I wouldn't recommend the HoJo for your needs. You are correct that the hot tub is in the kiddie area, and since there is NO OTHER POOL nearby the kiddies tend to use it as a pool, diving bombing in and generally being the littles that they are. Nothing wrong with that, but since there isn't a spa at the main pool, I absolutely hated it. I know what you mean about the pools being in the middle of the parking lot - it always seems a little awkward. You may want to check out the Candy Cane Inn - even though the pool is in the parking lot it is nicely landscaped and feels really secluded.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
30,826 posts
94 reviews
6. Re: Need to decide which hotel for 2 last nights in Anaheim

I would pick the Holiday Inn. Its new, and a nicer pool area Imo. I think you will be happier with that choice.

Reply to: Need to decide which hotel for 2 last nights in Anaheim
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted