We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Refund from ares travel

Lynnwood, Washington
Level Contributor
292 posts
37 reviews
27 helpful votes
Refund from ares travel
Save

I posted about this a few months ago about requesting a refund from ares travel. Because the situations are still very much uncertain and travel restrictions, I've decided not to reschedule our Disneyland trip in 2021. Our tickets expired on 12/31/2021.

I submitted a refund request to ares travel in November. The refund will be minus a 10%restocking fee. As of Dec 13, ares told me they were still waiting for the barcodes to be confirmed cancelled by Disney. Has anyone have successful experience getting a refund from ares?

Thank you,

9 replies to this topic
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
33,556 posts
87 reviews
80 helpful votes
1. Re: Refund from ares travel
Save

As far as Im aware a few people have reported getting refunds from aRes. But that was a while ago before November. Just have to go with what they are offering if you want a refund.

Keep in mind, unused Disneyland tickets never expire and will always be worth whatever you paid for them towards a new Disneyland ticket. You would just pay whatever difference in cost which wouldnt be alot usually.

Lynnwood, Washington
Level Contributor
292 posts
37 reviews
27 helpful votes
2. Re: Refund from ares travel
Save

Thanks, Hoppy.

My plan is to get whatever refund I can get now. But if not, I can still use it for future Disneyland trip.

Lynnwood, Washington
Level Contributor
292 posts
37 reviews
27 helpful votes
3. Re: Refund from ares travel
Save

I just want to update my post, that I just received the refund from aRes Travel minus 10% stocking fee.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
33,556 posts
87 reviews
80 helpful votes
4. Re: Refund from ares travel
Save

Thanks for letting us know. Always helpful. Glad you got your money returned to you what you were expecting anyway.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
228 posts
17 reviews
44 helpful votes
5. Re: Refund from ares travel
Save

How did you submit your refund request? By email?

I am in the same situation. I have 2 tickets that expire 12/31/21 but I will no longer be able to visit Disneyland.

Edited: 28 January 2021, 15:31
Lynnwood, Washington
Level Contributor
292 posts
37 reviews
27 helpful votes
6. Re: Refund from ares travel
Save

I sent an email to aRes Customer Support to request refund.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
338 posts
9 reviews
23 helpful votes
7. Re: Refund from ares travel
Save

We were refunded 100% of the amount paid, but that was almost a year ago, just after Disneyland closed.

I emailed customer support to request a refund and it was credited to our account within a week.

Cassie

Fremont, California
Level Contributor
55,234 posts
8,651 reviews
3,848 helpful votes
8. Re: Refund from ares travel
Save

Good to know they honored your refund request. Thanks for letting us know.

El Dorado...
Level Contributor
2,587 posts
63 reviews
73 helpful votes
9. Re: Refund from ares travel
Save

Thank you from me too. (+1 post credit)

Reply to: Refund from ares travel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.