We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family suite hotels

Stockton, CA
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Family suite hotels

I'm planning a trip for March to Disneyland & have been looking for a family suite that will sleep 8: 4 adults, 3 kids from ages 9-16 and a 19 month old. Price is definitely an issue. I've found 3 hotels that can accomodate us - Anaheim Desert (not Palms) Inn, Carriage Inn & Islander. I'd really appreciate any recommendations anyone has, who may have experience with these hotels. Thanks! :)

Orange, CA
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Family suite hotels

Try the Staybridge Suites...1.5 miles away but they have a shuttle for small fee...kids under 10 ride free...2bdrm 2bath suite can accomodate 8, but only bedding is 4 beds in there. Have a good time!

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
232 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family suite hotels

StocktonMom-

Great vacation destination choice!

Now, have you considered Marriott's Residence Inn? Its off of Clementine (they have a shuttle, no worries) which is about a block or two from the Maingate of the Disneyland Resort. Their suites are nice, luxurious and AFFORDABLE. Its also very safe too. Better yet, tell me your price range per night and ill recommend a hotel myself. =)

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,385 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family suite hotels

I would agree with the previous person. We stayed in the Marriott residence Inn last summer and it was fabulous, couldn't fault it at all. I am not sure what the largest suite is but our suite had two double beds and a double sofa bed so would sleep 6 comfortably but you would need to check if they have one that would sleep 8.

Reedley, CA
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family suite hotels

We've stayed at the Desert Inn. For the price it wasn't a bad hotel. It's not one of the Resort hotels but it was clean and roomy. The breakfast left alot to be desired but the location is AWESOME! Also be aware of the parking, only 1 car per reservation.

Stockton, CA
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family suite hotels

Thanks for your replies, everyone. The most I can spend per night for all eight of us is about $130. So I would need the best suite for that price or adjoining rooms each costing at the very most $65.00 each. I have been able to reserve a room at the Fairfield Inn - an internet special where I get the first room at rack rate ($79) and an adjoining room for $49 -totaling $128. I still find myself looking for a better deal though. :) I'm obsessed, I tell ya!

Any advise? Did I get a good enough deal at a good enough hotel to just stop looking? I haven't been able to find any pictures of the rooms there but most reviews were good, except for commenting that it may be noisy in the mornings.

Mesa, AZ
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Family suite hotels

Have you considered renting a home from an owner? There are quite a few available on VRBO.com (Vacation Rentals By Owner). This option would give you quite a bit more room than a hotel. Just be sure to read everything. Most charge a cleaning fee--but some of the prices quite reasonable even with that fee. Good luck!

Mesa, AZ
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Family suite hotels

The Best Western Raffles Inn may be a pretty good choice. They have rooms that will accomodate 8.

Regina Saskatchewan...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Family suite hotels

We are also travelling in March with one 16 year old male child and an 8 year old female child. We have reserved a penthouse room at the Mariott Inn which I understand is now called the Best Value Inn on Expedia. This is where we booked through for a rate of just under C$100 per night for a room with 3 beds. I am not sure if they can accomodate 8 but if anyone has stayed here, please let me know if this is a nice place. I dont want to stay in somewhere that my children wont enjoy.... Hoping to hear from someone!

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,385 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Family suite hotels

Hi,

I replied to your message previously and recommended the Marriott Residence Inn. As said previously it is a very nice hotel but when we tried to book again for this summer we found that the price was above our budget this time around. You will also have the same problem with your budget but we managed to find a hotel next door to the Residence within our budget and it gets consistently good reviews, is brand new with suites including a kitchen bedrooms and living room. Breakfast is included in the price and they also provide free snacks in the evening!

It is the Embassy suites - Garden Grove and we booked direct for August and got a rate of 118 dollars per night. I would assume that March would be even cheaper.

I too am obsessed with getting the most for my money and I believe that I have come up trumps with this one!

Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Family suite hotels

We have twice stayed at the Anaheim Plaza Hotel & Suites, we have 5 kids and brought a relative along so we were with 8 people. We get the family suite, two adjoining rooms 2 queen beds in each, two bathrooms, two t.v's, 2 fridges etc...

It is not fancy, but is clean. It is directly across the street from Disneyland, takes about 7 minutes to walk to the gates. We are going again this spring break and I booked there again. Price and location are excellent, plus my kids love the giant swimming pool.

Have a great time.