We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disneyland parking

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,502 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Disneyland parking

Is it possible to leave the car par at Disneyland and come back again later the same day and not pay for parking again?

My thinking is we might duck out during the early afternoon and come back at night but I don't want to do this if it means paying for parking twice.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
26,831 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disneyland parking

Parking at Disneyland is $15 per day which includes going back and forth in that day as many times as you want to.

Where did you end up choosing to stay? If you picked somewhere close to Disneyland you would be either able to walk or take the Art Shuttle service which is much more convenient for you so you dont have to take the free Tram into DIsneyland, and then walk to the gates everytime you want to enter or leave.

The pick up and drop off point for the Art Shuttle is just a few minutes walk from the Turnstiles going into either Park. The Art Shuttle goes from Disneyland to alot of area Hotel within about a 2 mile radius around Disneyland multiple times per day for a small fee per person and usually ends up being about the same cost as parking at Disneyland is.

http://www.rideart.org/

Edited: 05 March 2013, 21:10
Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
18,008 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disneyland parking

It is too much of a hassle to go back to the parking lot and to return back to the park. Takes too much time riding the tram and walking, not to mention driving. Additionally, Disneyland Resort is really not the kind of place you feel like leaving once there.

Are you using the parking lot because you are not staying within walking distance or are you only planning a one day visit?

What would be the reason to "duck out"? Planning to visit someplace else during the day and return or just want a break?

Edited: 05 March 2013, 22:40
Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,502 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Disneyland parking

I have 4 kids, 3 of them are 2 years and under. ideally we would like to go back too where we are staying for 2-3 hours during the day for them to have a sleep, lunch etc.

We have yet to book a place to stay yet. It looks like we wont get anything within walking distance as we just can't afford what is available. So I was thinking of maybe staying somewhere close-by, say within 10-15 minutes drive.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
26,831 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disneyland parking

hindo,

Theres just no reason to have to stay farther from Disneyland, there are plenty of inexpensive good places to stay close to the Disneyland Main Entrance. Im sure we can likely find you something within your budget thats in walking distance or close shuttle distance to Disneyland. If you will give us your budget per night for a Hotel, ect and Dates you will be in Anaheim as prices vary widely with the seasons, well be happy to help you find something.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,502 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Disneyland parking

Thanks happy. I have already been given some suggestions here on TA. We will be there mid-late august for 7-10 days (have some flexibility). As there are 6 of us we will either need a suite or 2 interconnecting rooms. I would like to spend less than $200 a night including taxes, parking, WiFi and any other surcharges payable, eg resort fee. I am looking at maybe renting a villa/apartment as another option.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
26,831 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Disneyland parking

$200 a night should be doable for places close to the Main Entrance, most would be standard Motels, but are well rated and clean. I see from your other post on where to stay for 6 we did give you some ideas, what did you think of those? They should all be within or close to your budget.

laguna niguel, ca
Level Contributor
7,324 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Disneyland parking

If you come back later, try to park in the lot by paradise pier, It is used by both downtown disney and park goers and you do not have to take the tram.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
26,831 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Disneyland parking

longboard,

Wouldnt they have to pay again to Park in that area?

laguna niguel, ca
Level Contributor
7,324 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Disneyland parking

hate to give away secrets but no, you enter free in the evening hours and they can get out with their day pass. They use it for parks in the morning and downtown disney at night so there is a mix of both.

To be honest they do not even man the exit booths often at night. It is also failry easy to get out of after the fireworks

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
26,831 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Disneyland parking

Thanks for sharing the "secret" info ;)