We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excellent dinners at both The Country Club and Avalon Grille

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,488 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Excellent dinners at both The Country Club and Avalon Grille

Yes, I'll write a review on both.

We opted to have dinner Friday night at The Country Club (a tradition for us after picking up the race packet). We did not eat in the bar but instead, the dining room in front of the fire. The restaurant was very quiet and only a few other diners. I'm guessing that a lot of people just don't know about this place and it's too far off the main drag. Anyway, we had a lovely dinner with excellent service and food. I opted for the chicken pot pie which was very good but huge. I took at least 1/2 of it back to our condo. My husband and I split the market salad and we tookd two servings of the mac and cheese back to the kids. My husband had the blackened salmon, which he said was excellent. It was a very nice, quiet evening and we highly recommend this restaurant. Call ahead to make sure they are open since they sometimes host special events.

On Saturday night, we made advanced reservations for Avalon Grille. It was post race so the place was extremely busy! A lot of folks just walked up and had to wait quite a while for a table. The place was a it loud but it was because of the racers celebrating after the triathlon. We sat near the patio and it was fine. I was very impressed on how the staff was able to keep with the demand. Our server did an excellent job of keeping us happy while serving a large table next to us. We split the potato skins (very good) and I opted for just the caesar salad (also very good). My husband had the filets, #1 son had the roasted chichek and #2 son had the buffalo burger. I was going to "bat cleanup" but my kids and husband ate everything on their plates! They also split a chocolate bread pudding. The food was excellent and the service was outstanding, considering the volume of people. I think on a normal Saturday night, this place would not be so crowded. The location is very central in Avalon. Avalon Grille and The Country Club are owned and operated by the same company.

www.visitcatalinaisland.com/avalon/Dining.php

1. Re: Excellent dinners at both The Country Club and Avalon Grille

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2011, 01:54