We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

B and B?

Grand Haven...
Destination Expert
for Grand Haven, Michigan
Level Contributor
970 posts
181 reviews
Save Topic
B and B?

My wife and I will be spending one night in Apalachicola in early February. I've been trying to decide on a place to stay, but after perusing all the reviews and forums I still can't decide. We enjoy ma and pa type establishments, we'd rather walk to the bars and restaurants and try to stay away from chain hotels,and a B and B would be preferred but not absolutely necessary. Since it's only one night I'd rather not spend a lot of money.

I've looked at the Coombs Inn (very mixed reviews including bedbugs), the Ap. River Inn and a couple others. However, I've found the Bowery Inn and, understanding it's a bare bones establishment, it looks interesting.

I'd appreciate insight from locals re: locations, amenities and reputation.

Thanks so much and I'm looking forward to visiting this little town.

2 replies to this topic
Apalachicola...
Level Contributor
2,392 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: B and B?

Coombs is nice but with your budget in mind I suggest The Gibson Inn. It's a historic hotel and charming. You can walk everywhere in town from the hotel. The hotel has porches which are lovely to sit in a rocking chair, have a drink and look at the bay. The Captain's room is a personal favorite but look at the web site and pick your favorite.

http://www.gibsoninn.com

Miramar Beach
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
5,765 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: B and B?

I love the Gibson Inn. We live near Destin and that is one place we like to hit for a weekend to get away.

Reply to: B and B?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Apalachicola