We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

the apalachicola seafood grill

Alabama
Level Contributor
6 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
the apalachicola seafood grill

CRAP FOOD ---BAD OWNER !!!

I am local. Went to the grill today. Had the garden salad with chicken. As I was eating it I noticed rotten lettuce in the salad as I dug deeper there was more rotten lettuce. I called the waitress over told her I had lost my apatite because of the rotten lettuce in the salad. She said she was sorry and took it away. Now let me state this I had not eaten much of the salad. My wife ate her food and we got the bill. I was charged for a rotten salad. I ask the waitress why I was charged. She said the OWNER said to charge me for it. I got up paid the bill and approached the owner and ask why I had been charged. She said it was because I had eaten over half the salad. I told her I did not eat half the salad and she said well the waitress said you did. Let me say this I WILL NEVER EAT THERE AGAIN !!!!! and I WILL TELL EVERYBODY THAT I KNOW !!! I will also tell strangers who ask where to eat NOT AT THE GRILL !!!! You do not treat customers the way this owner did !

11 replies to this topic
Apalachicola...
Level Contributor
2,683 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: the apalachicola seafood grill

The make up of downtown Apalachicola has changed from a place locals would gather and socialize to tourists. Locals tend to avoid the area. I use to be a regular at The Grill and know the previous owners. Like everything it has changed. I quit patronizing the place when I went for lunch and ordered the special but got charged more than was advertised. When I brought it to their attention the owner took my side but for whatever reason it infuriated the waitress who behaved regrettably. There are a number of places downtown that I will no longer patronize for terrible service or the non-local seafood served. They won't suffer the loss. Everything remains crowded with tourists. Locals know where to eat.

United States
Level Contributor
6,590 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: the apalachicola seafood grill

Okay that's good to know since I will be visiting soon on a day trip.

Where do you recommend for lunch, either of you, that is pet friendly?

Thanks.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
650 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: the apalachicola seafood grill

Yes, I, too, would like to know the names of the restaurants you go to. I am returning to the area soon and hope to hear from you either here or on the TA private messaging. Thanks.

Apalachicola...
Level Contributor
2,683 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: the apalachicola seafood grill

The Pearl in Lanark - not much atmosphere but good solid local seafood. The Red Pirate is good and my go-to for lunch (Eastpoint). Lynns for raw oysters (Eastpoint). I love Angelos (Panacea) for finer dining, and the Fishermans Wife for lunch in Carrabelle. Tamaras, Boss, and The Owl in Apalachicola are solid choices as well. I tend to purchase a lot of local seafood and make it at home.

Apalachicola...
Level Contributor
2,683 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: the apalachicola seafood grill

Doughnut: Boss Oyster is pet friendly on the deck

Atlanta
Level Contributor
650 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: the apalachicola seafood grill

PFootlocke, thanks so much! I'll be there in three weeks. Have you ever tried Hutton's Seafood truck in Crawfordville? I haven't but it's high on my list for this next trip.

Apalachicola...
Level Contributor
2,683 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: the apalachicola seafood grill

Yes- many times I have pulled up for a soft shell or fish burger. It's a good value and better than national chains for a quick bite. Rave worthy? No. But if you are hungry it's better than the McDonalds, Krispy Chicken, Zaxbys and Burger King up the road in Crawfordville.

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
221 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: the apalachicola seafood grill

I am renting a house on the bay and walking distance to town. I have tried a couple of places but would love to get a local's opinion on the best restaurants in town for dinner. I prefer to walk if possible. So far I have tried the Hole in the Wall and the Taproom. Thanks!

Atlanta
Level Contributor
650 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: the apalachicola seafood grill

Just got back from SGI (review later). Had fried shrimp at red Pirate (good), then fried shrimp at Family Coastal in Eastpoint (better), then fried shrimp at Posey's (the best!).

Anyone with a good recipe out there? Would love to have it.

United States
Level Contributor
6,590 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: the apalachicola seafood grill

Thanks PFootlocke. Heading there next week.

Reply to: the apalachicola seafood grill
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Apalachicola