We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

the apalachicola seafood grill

Alabama
Level Contributor
6 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
the apalachicola seafood grill

CRAP FOOD ---BAD OWNER !!!

I am local. Went to the grill today. Had the garden salad with chicken. As I was eating it I noticed rotten lettuce in the salad as I dug deeper there was more rotten lettuce. I called the waitress over told her I had lost my apatite because of the rotten lettuce in the salad. She said she was sorry and took it away. Now let me state this I had not eaten much of the salad. My wife ate her food and we got the bill. I was charged for a rotten salad. I ask the waitress why I was charged. She said the OWNER said to charge me for it. I got up paid the bill and approached the owner and ask why I had been charged. She said it was because I had eaten over half the salad. I told her I did not eat half the salad and she said well the waitress said you did. Let me say this I WILL NEVER EAT THERE AGAIN !!!!! and I WILL TELL EVERYBODY THAT I KNOW !!! I will also tell strangers who ask where to eat NOT AT THE GRILL !!!! You do not treat customers the way this owner did !

11 replies to this topic
Madison, WI
Level Contributor
197 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: the apalachicola seafood grill

Marytc...My favorite restaurants in Apalach are Up the Creek Raw Bar, The Owl Cafe, Tamaras and the newly remodeled Red Pirate. Also I would like to say that I have owned a home on the Island for over ten years so i consider myself a half time local. I do not consider Apalach a place only tourists go...we go often when there. We love the live music at the Bowery, Shopping at some of the nice stores like Apalach Outfitters, Reysto or the many art galleries. Love having a drink on the Gibsons front porch. Beer tasting at the Oyster Brewing Company. Saying hi to Miss Vickie who most likely is poring beers at the Apalachicola Ice Company. Soaking in one of the many cool little downtown festivals. Now that being said I think the influx of tourists is awesome for the growth of the town. It may get crowded sometimes but that ultimately is good for the longtime economic health of the town

Reply to: the apalachicola seafood grill
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Apalachicola