We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boos Oyster

Niles, Michigan
5 posts
Save Topic
Boos Oyster

So what's the consensus on the Boss these days? Especially from the locals. We used to make it a point of stopping there at least once when in the area, but haven't been in a couple of years.The food was always great, loved the atmosphere, and never really had a problem with service.

That said - Tripadvisor and Yelp reviews are pretty spotty these days, leaning towards bad. Have things really gone down hill, or is it just a case of tourists that are used to Applebees and the like?

Edit - BOSS Oyster, of course. Typo and can't edit the subject. Apologies.

Edited: 05 August 2017, 17:41
2 replies to this topic
Apalachicola...
Level Contributor
3,470 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boos Oyster

Duplicate post

LaGrange, Georgia
Level Contributor
3 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boos Oyster

Tried it again, miserable again

Was here several years ago and walked out when I was told that most of the seafood was imported. This trip with friends a buddy asked if we could try it again. Started out with a minimal beer selection, and Yuengling sold as an import at 4.50 a bottle. When I brought to the wait staff's attention that is an inexpensive domestic she said "I get told that all the time" but since we charge 4.50 for it we leave it on the imported list??? Buddy and I tried the oysters, which we were told were Louisana. Not bad, just average. Food is so so, beer is expensive; only redeeming factor is the view of the waterway.

Reply to: Boos Oyster
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Apalachicola