We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights from Canada to Belize

Which Belize hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa
3 posts
Save Topic
Flights from Canada to Belize

We are planning a trip to Belize for Feb. 2010. Just wondering if anyone knows if there are direct flights from Ottawa, Toronto or Montreal to Belize City.

I've done some searches but given that it's still July, I don't think the charters are listed yet.

I'd like to find out how much it will cost, what the availability of the flights are and when they might become available online.

Thanks!

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights from Canada to Belize

I would pose the question in the Canada forums under those cities.

Unitedville, Belize
Level Contributor
130 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights from Canada to Belize

No non stop flights from any Canadian cities.

Your best bet would be Continental via Houston or American via Miami. Daily flights from Houston and Miami.

There was talk about West Jet flying to Belize a while ago. But Belize wasn't one of the added destinations.

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
203 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights from Canada to Belize

Hi,

We are also planning to travel to Belize in February. No direct flights and I've done a fair bit of research. Plus I can't even get any decent fares out of Vancouver - guess others are also escaping the 2010 Olympics. Looking to go out of Seattle and so far best I can find is $666 US plus taxes, fees. Hoping fall will bring lower fares. Older forum posts seem to have indicated seat sales in October last year. Of course, no way to predict if that will happen this year.

Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
1,220 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights from Canada to Belize

Signature Vacations, who ran the non stop charter on SkyService from Toronto for the past 3 years, is unfortunately not offering Belize this year.

The least expensive alternative out of Toronto is usually US Airways through Charlotte NC (a very good 'in transit' airport). They only fly to Belize on Saturdays.

KayakandMore, I fly our son and his family to Belize out of Seattle, usually through Houston or Dallas (avoid Miami if at all possible!) I have paid anywhere from $350 to $500 and have booked as early as June for a January flight. My advice is don't wait til fall to start looking for a good fare. Keep looking and jump on anything under $500 when you see it.

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
203 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights from Canada to Belize

Thanks Hon!

I check flight $$ all the time (usually after my daily TA time!) $500 would be great - fingers crossed.

San Pedro, Belize
Level Contributor
560 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flights from Canada to Belize

I know it is hard, I am from Vancouver and getting home every couple of years can be a big expense. From Toronto as others have said SkyService generally runs a charter in high season (when you are proposing to visit). Other than that, Continental and American are usually the best bets, and waiting for last minute deals on these flights does not normally pan out too well. Charters should start listing by December.

Ambergris Caye
Destination Expert
for San Ignacio, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
Level Contributor
2,391 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flights from Canada to Belize

I agree with Hon if you see a good deal book it.

We booked in June for January when we were moving here few years back - did not want to chance not finding lower price.

That is too bad that Signature not doing direct flights on Thursdays out of Toronto this year. Maybe if enough people request they will bring them back.

Toronto
Level Contributor
822 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flights from Canada to Belize

Our group did Toronto - Belize City in March 2009. One couple Toronto - Charlotte - Belize City with US Airways, the other Toronto - Houston - Belize City on Continental. IN speaking to the others on arrival, Charlotte was the better connection.

Both flights ontime, but we preferred going thru Charlotte a smaller airport, pretty easy to make your connection and very good services. We got a seat sale on USAir, $129 one way from Charlotte - Belize City, all in was about $800 cdn per person.

I'd be surprised if there are any Canadian carriers going direct.

Winnipeg, Manitoba
Level Contributor
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Flights from Canada to Belize

We just booked flights via Westjet from Winnipeg to Cancun...much cheaper and easier from Canada. Then travel from Cancun to Belize via bus or taxi. it's not that far.

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Flights from Canada to Belize

the fly to cancun, bus to belize city seems the cheapest option short of any sales by the carriers. I prefer the texas based carriers, had a bad experience with us air through charlotte.